Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
NIRUPAMA JHA
Currently Reading: McCoy before the fued
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nirupama-jha.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Post by NIRUPAMA JHA »

the book is like the chamber of peace. i loved the author's way of expressing the journey and giving a meaningful message through it. i am fond of philosophy and meditation or yoga. :P
Janalyn101
Favorite Book: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janalyn101.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Janalyn101 »

Initially I gave this book 3 stars. I always enjoy reading religious books, especially those about my religion or similar to it. After reading both books I enjoy, are usually go back and re-read it. Most of the time I don’t really read all of it, I just read enough to remember why I liked the book. During my re-reading of The Unbound Soul I started noticing inconsistencies and out right contradictions in his book. Which made me sad and made me rethink the original 3 stars I gave it and that is why I changed it to 2 stars[/] out of 4 stars The only reason it wasn’t even lower because ultimately the book still send a positive message and a true one have faith in God and be good to each other. :(
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

The Unbound Soul is an amazing book. I wrote a review and gave it 4 stars. It was a great self help book. Well there were bizarre ideas but they were the author's experiences and is just presenting his ideas to readers. Job well done.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Choine
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choine.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Choine »

I feel so bad that I didn't get to read this book. I've read the comments and the review for it and sounded so interesting! I hope that, maybe, it'll come up on my to-read list and I can check it out!
Gaby+LysMom2KB
Currently Reading: Sink Reflections
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaby-lysmom2kb.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Gaby+LysMom2KB »

It was good to read the different opinions about this book, The Unbound Soul. It is on my want to read book shelf and I'll be starting to read it shortly. I usually enjoy spiritual, inspiring books. If the author includes humor, that is a plus. We can all use different viewpoints on how to improve ourselves, and take what is relevant.
Niv123
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivi-gideon.html
Latest Review: Returning fire by Linda rhoutsong

Post by Niv123 »

Self improvement is something we all must constantly seek and I always enjoy inspiring books every now and then that help us take some time off and reflect upon our inner self. This book gives a clear idea about positive and negative energy and how to combat the trials of this world.
Renee_Prior1995
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-prior1995.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Renee_Prior1995 »

Ive just about finished reading this. I give it a perfect score it was amazing to read.
"From what I have tasted of desire,
I hold those who favor fire.
but if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate.
To say that the destruction of ice is also great
and will suffice." - Robert Frost
Niv123

Post by Niv123 »

This book speaks to a number on people in different ways! Self help books have always been a favorite to me as I enjoy exploring ideas like the author has so wonderfully put forth with so many examples in this book. The language employed was also simple and easy to comprehend. I loved that the author did not go on a monotonous train of thought but added humor to entertain the reader.
Niv123

Post by Niv123 »

The author provides many practical exercises that the reader can put to use. I love how he elaborates on his own personal journey and life as that made the reader connect with the author more. This book is perfect for anyone who is near to giving up on life. The touch of humor was perfect as well!
Niv123

Post by Niv123 »

The 'Unbound Soul' lives up to its name as one actually feels a spiritual awakening once he has laid the book down. I love that the language and narrative style was relatable without any false airs as such. To be honest, I love food and the examples he gave using it was very understandable!
Saffron
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Saffron »

This was actually a perfect read for me to finish just as Irma approaches Florida. Isn't life like that? You find yourself reading comforting things when the storms are rising in strength all around your islands of existence - like 'each of our personas is one of our islands' kind of thinking and perhaps Irma is influencing me as I write this, but Richard's book is all about the heart science used by our greatest teachers, and one in particular; he 'walked on water' and 'calmed the seas' so they say. The unbound soul is what he was/is, if one were to define him. Just funny to me that I am writing this as I prepare for a hurricane. But, seriously, I'm not as frightened. I feel kind of fearless... and very very grateful that I have lots of fresh water and new tires on my truck.
inmod
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inmod.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by inmod »

I saw this book once but I haven't read it. Truth is I'm not convinced whether I could enjoy a non-fiction now. I've been struggling to finish a non-fiction book in the past. What's your recommendation for me about this book?
unidhi05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unidhi05.html
Latest Review: Voice of the Elders by Greg Ripley

Post by unidhi05 »

The Unbound Soul - an amazing read. A fabulous self help book with spiritual insights with a tinge of humor. It gives the reader a mirror of his own deeds and the path one has chosen to reach the point where they are. A definite 4 out of 4 star.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

A very well written book that is perfect for use when meditating.

“There is conscious light from the center of the galaxy, bathing the earth with ever-increasing intensity… we will meet that light with the conscious light of our being, bathing the entire multiverse in unconditioned love and thereby resolving all sense of separation… we will transition into a sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, just human presence on this planet.”
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Renee_Prior1995
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-prior1995.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Renee_Prior1995 »

I read this book for a review opportunity and I absolutely loved it. I gave it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.
"From what I have tasted of desire,
I hold those who favor fire.
but if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate.
To say that the destruction of ice is also great
and will suffice." - Robert Frost

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”