What do you think about his Dreams and visions?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
aolayide
Currently Reading: Are Your Kids Naked Online?
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aolayide.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Re: What do you think about his Dreams and visions?

Post by aolayide »

Rosebella wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 07:52 Yes. Prophetic visions and dreams aren't specifically set apart for the born again only. I think we all, despite our religious beliefs, have had dreams warning us of a future threat or future occurrence. It is based on how open someone is to receive such information.
Very true. Thank you for sharing your thoughts
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

briellejee wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 09:57
MissAndi wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 09:37
aolayide wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 07:35

Quite frankly, you do have a point with the "hallucinatory drug" part. However, I will disagree with you on the other part. When he had dreams about Jesus in Chapter 2, "find my bones ..." is a parable and it is not meant to be interpreted in its literal form. Dreams and visions are part of our subconscious and sometimes we see them in order to get some directions in life. Have you ever experienced sleeping and not dreaming? It is dark and blank. Dreams, visions, and revelations are there to help us find our way or to fulfil a destiny.

Nonetheless, thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Thank you for your response, but there is never a time your brain is not dreaming or active while you are sleeping. It's just a matter of whether or not you actually what you remember while sleeping. Perhaps I should revisit that chapter and reconsider my thoughts.
I agree with you about the brain. Leaning more into the science of it, the brain never shuts down, while we sleep the functions are being toned down but never stopped. We call it a dream because we remember it. However, our brain is still at work, tucking away the events that happened during the day making them memories. These dreams are products of our subconscious but that does not necessarily mean they are all there giving us directions in life. :eusa-think:
True. Thanks for providing more insight from the Science perspective :D
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

pricklypurple wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 19:31
aolayide wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 13:34 Do you think the author would still have those dreams even if he was not born again?

When he was on the brink of suicide, he heard a voice telling him to change the way he lives his life and to think positively. Also, he was saved when he was about to get mugged. Would you say he is special? Maybe the reason why Jesus does not want anything to happen to him is that he wants him to find the essence of his teachings and give it back to the world.

What do you think? Share your thoughts.
I don't think the author is particularly special. I also don't think it matters that he was born again. I think we all see and hear what we want to.
Thanks for your kind comment
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Bluebird03 wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 13:21 I think that God spoke to Richard often and moved him when needed (for example, when the horse kicked at him and missed him only because Richard had been led to move at the last second). And again, with the mugging incident. Also, I think that all of us are equally special in God's eyes and that he speaks to us often if we are open to him and willing to listen.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

sush_destiny wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:29 He is referring to every person having this inner voice which tells us right from wrong. So, his dreams were just his own subconscious telling him what he want able to perceive in his conscious.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Jessacardinal wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:35 I think Jesus wants the same for every human being here on earth. Therefore, I do think Richard would have had the dreams regardless of whether he had been born again or not.
True. Thank you for your insightful comment
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

daydreaming reader wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 17:23 I think that it is a result of his interpretation of these things. He appears to have always had an interest in understanding God, thus this drive would have led him to adopt a religious interpretation on such things.
Hmm. I see your point. Thanks for your kind comment
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

daviddawud wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 12:10 Yes, I think the author would have still had those dreams regardless if he was born again or not. The truth of the matter is that God can bring anyone into his light by showing him/her his true revelation with the goal that such individual can leave a superior life and even effect others profoundly.
Thank you for sharing this deep thought
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Untamed Blondie wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 19:22 I believe that some people find dreams away to guide them through life.
Dreams tell of your unconscious mind & what’s to come.
I’ve actually had dreams that fore-told my future.
If something weighs heavy on us, then the dreams will make us aware of what we need to work on in our lives to find peace & comfort
Hmm. I can relate with you. Thanks for your kind comment
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Samy Lax wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 22:46 I feel that God sees us all as equals and expects every one of us to repent and get on the path to salvation. God's voice speaks in all of us. We just need to be quiet enough internally to be able to listen to that voice.
Thank you, Samy Lax, you read my mind :D
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Quinto wrote: 15 Mar 2019, 08:43 Visions and dreams are hard to interpret. I'm surprised he is so sure of himself.
Your comment brings a smile to my face. :D :D :D . Yeah, like, how sure is he? :D Thanks for sharing your thoughts, though.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Lunastella wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 07:02 Personally, I think we all get messages. Sure, being in extreme experiences like on the brink of death can make us much more open to these signs and make changes. A lot of people that survive near-death experience make drastic changes or get some kind of new spiritual approach. But I believe, in one way or another and, perhaps, in not such a clear way we are all constantly receiving guidance and messages from God. What I think makes the author different and special in a way is that he took this very seriously and devoted his life to spirituality. I also believe we can all learn to be more tuned in with these signs and messages.
So, true. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate it.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

danielleamy wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 11:26
srividyag1 wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 09:06
Ekta Kumari wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 17:24 I wouldn't think he is special from the instance where he hears and believes in his inner voice. I think all of us have intuition and a voice inside guiding us towards our right direction. It is just about listening and believing in it. If you really start to believe in something, you'll develop a mindset for it. I think positive thoughts do have power over our actions and direction of life.
I believe that our subconscious tries to save us whenever we do self-sabotage or are spiralling down. The visions and dreams can be our subconscious trying to warn us or show us the way out.
I agree, the study of dreams and visions is so interesting. There is still so much we don't know about the brain and its capabilities
Thanks, Ekta Kumari, for sharing your thoughts. You speak like a true scientist. The brain itself is a mystery and a complex system on its own.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

[uhad] wrote: 21 Mar 2019, 11:20 I think that every soul has its mission to complete in this lifetime. Suicide would have cut his mission short, so divine intervention was necessary. I believe Jesus saved him.
True, Indeed! Thanks for your kind comment
OskaWrites
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oskawrites.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by OskaWrites »

I'm fairly open minded with visions, so I do sincerely believe in what he saw when he was suicidal and I'm thankful he was able to have that vision. However his dream about the bad spirit was definitely sleep paralysis. I think there's a mix of actual spiritual experiences and simple mind tricks.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”