What do you think about his Dreams and visions?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
shaz1994
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading: The Honorable Knight
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaz1994.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Re: What do you think about his Dreams and visions?

Post by shaz1994 »

I sometimes think that it is all in the mind, if you pay attention to something long enough you start to believe it. He may have had the vision and hence it made him change his mind. Not everyone is gifted enough to see visions let alone comprehend them.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I don't think so. There is an inner man in everyone that connects to the spirit. I believe the existence of Christianity is to spread the gospel. Being Born again is the beginning of the Journey...
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

People have a tendency to accept the 'visions' of someone if those visions coincide with and confirm their own views on life / spirituality, etc. Likewise, they dismiss out of hand the visions of someone whose views contradict their own. It's a form of confirmatory bias.
aolayide
Currently Reading: Are Your Kids Naked Online?
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aolayide.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by aolayide »

OskaWrites wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 08:25 I'm fairly open minded with visions, so I do sincerely believe in what he saw when he was suicidal and I'm thankful he was able to have that vision. However his dream about the bad spirit was definitely sleep paralysis. I think there's a mix of actual spiritual experiences and simple mind tricks.
I agree with you. Sometimes, our subconscious mind could play tricks on us if we think too much about something. I also believe that his dreams and visions are real. Thanks for your comment
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

InStoree wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 05:43 I think we're all special in the eyes of divinity. Most likely, if we think in depth about our past, there are chances to refer to at least one experience similar to Haight's, when he almost been mugged; a time when we felt protected or helped by something supreme than our logical understanding or maybe it happened in inexplicable circumstances. The experience that makes us wonder, "What just happened?" So, I believe we're all special by birth. How we develop our specific feature really depends on us.
True observations. Thank you for posting your thoughts.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Anthony__ wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 04:29 I don't think so. There is an inner man in everyone that connects to the spirit. I believe the existence of Christianity is to spread the gospel. Being Born again is the beginning of the Journey...
Everyone has an inner man - the spirit of God who provides guidance. It depends on each person if he/she wants to listen or not. Thanks for stopping by.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

shaz1994 wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 02:40 I sometimes think that it is all in the mind, if you pay attention to something long enough you start to believe it. He may have had the vision and hence it made him change his mind. Not everyone is gifted enough to see visions let alone comprehend them.
Hmm! Your comment has deep-seated meaning and it provoked some good thoughts in me.
"Not everyone is gifted enough to see visions let alone comprehend them." It is truly a gift that is divine.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

kdstrack wrote: 31 Mar 2019, 22:58 Believing that you are special can give you motivation to complete your mission. People who are suicidal have forgotten both things: that they are special, and that their life has a purpose.
Infact, having visions can give meaning and purpose to life. People are suicidal are depressed and they think there is no motivation or hope left to go on. Every one is special. We are all called to complete a mission. Commiting suicide is the lie of the devil making some think that their lives lack purpose. Thanks for your wonderful comment.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

cornelia_SD wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 12:39 Richard's dreams and visions are scary but visionary. If people would not change, we are heading towards our own destruction. It was like a warning for everyone. I think he's blessed with those dreams, yet the burden was laid on his shoulders.
I do believe that he is blessed with those dreams but I do not think it is a burden. If Jesus gives us a dream/vision to follow Or a destiny to fulfil, he equips us with enough strength and wisdom to carry it out successfully. We just have to follow his guidance.

Thanks for stopping by.
IamShing
Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by IamShing »

Wilkister94 wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 12:55 In my opinion we are all special before God and so the character just like any other person is special and thus why he was kept. So I agree.
I agree with you. Everyone is unique and special because God created us.
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'
colorsparkle
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colorsparkle.html
Latest Review: The Land of Sunshine and Hell by Maxene Raices

Post by colorsparkle »

I think he would not have had them otherwise.
Quickstudy
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quickstudy.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Quickstudy »

I believe God uses each of us to be blessings to people in our lives. As far as visions and dreams, I don't believe we all can handle such a over powering communication from God. Instead, he speaks to some of us in settled ways like intuition. I do believe that if you have a task God wants you to complete, not even death can stop you.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

Some people have really good intuition I think. He isn't special in this regard. Sometimes I feel like people have certain purposes in life, and they won't suffer any harm that would prevent them from reaching where they need to be to fulfill that purpose.
eastandalchemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! by Mary Lynn Archibald
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by eastandalchemy »

I'm not sure I would say he is unique in his experiences. People often experience a sort of awakening or communication with a higher self/guide/universal conciousness/god figure during times of immense pain and suffering. It made perfect sense to me.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

He was saved by God's grace and was called to do a mission. We all are meant to do the mission. He encountered God's miracles because there is a wonderful plan laid out for him. We encounter those miracles as well however we don't see them as they are because we either refuse to see it or we don't recognize God at all.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”