What do you think about his Dreams and visions?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
aolayide
Currently Reading: Are Your Kids Naked Online?
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aolayide.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Re: What do you think about his Dreams and visions?

Post by aolayide »

Kibetious wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 04:21
PGreen wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 00:24 Could Jesus be wanting this of all of us? Or is he just extra special?
I think He wants this of all of us. The special part comes by way of him having the call and answering it. Yet I am still puzzled by the fact that the same Jesus who is the Son of God seems to be leading the author to something more than God; Isness.
Thank you, Kibetious, for sharing your thought. However, I don't quite understand the last phrase in your comment " ... same Jesus who is the Son of God seems to be leading the author to something more than God; Isness."
Could you please shed more light on the meaning of the sentence? The little I know is that Jesus will never lead anyone astray and definitely not towards unGodly things.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Kibetious wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 04:23 The way his dreams and visions unfold pointed to a greater future than what he would have imagined at moment. All things were working together to bring him to a point of helping others indeed.
Thank you, Kibetious, for your insightful comment. Everything he saw points to a greater future, a greater destiny.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Ekta Kumari wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 04:51
srividyag1 wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 09:06
Ekta Kumari wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 17:24 I wouldn't think he is special from the instance where he hears and believes in his inner voice. I think all of us have intuition and a voice inside guiding us towards our right direction. It is just about listening and believing in it. If you really start to believe in something, you'll develop a mindset for it. I think positive thoughts do have power over our actions and direction of life.
I believe that our subconscious tries to save us whenever we do self-sabotage or are spiralling down. The visions and dreams can be our subconscious trying to warn us or show us the way out.
That's an interesting thought. Dreams do play a crucial part and can be an effective tool in discerning our subconscious.
Word of the wise ... Thank you for sharing your thought.
k2rugman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k2rugman.html
Latest Review: Rituals of Season by Giovanna Ess

Post by k2rugman »

I think God chooses people based on their ability to grow. This guy went through some tough stuff but he grew and is sharing it with others to help them in similar situations.
Salma M
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Salma M »

"Do you think the author would still have those dreams even if he was not born again? "

I believe the authors dreams are a part of him so whether or not he was born again he would still have experienced them.i also believe that the author has a purpose to show people the greatness of God because sometimes people need proof and he has all the proof you need.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3052
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The fact that he was open to learn and accept the message he received is what may create a sense of him being special, but he is just a person who heard his mission well and decided to pursue. He went into a great length spending resources and time to a point of traveling to the Amazon.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

k2rugman wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 11:43 I think God chooses people based on their ability to grow. This guy went through some tough stuff but he grew and is sharing it with others to help them in similar situations.
Awesome. I like this. The author had the desire to grow and indeed, there is a remarkable and distinct difference between the person we see at the start and the one we see as the book ends.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

aolayide wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 07:42
Kibetious wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 04:21
PGreen wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 00:24 Could Jesus be wanting this of all of us? Or is he just extra special?
I think He wants this of all of us. The special part comes by way of him having the call and answering it. Yet I am still puzzled by the fact that the same Jesus who is the Son of God seems to be leading the author to something more than God; Isness.
Thank you, Kibetious, for sharing your thought. However, I don't quite understand the last phrase in your comment " ... same Jesus who is the Son of God seems to be leading the author to something more than God; Isness."
Could you please shed more light on the meaning of the sentence? The little I know is that Jesus will never lead anyone astray and definitely not towards unGodly things.
It sounds strange to me that it is Jesus who appears to him asking for helping to restore the essence of His teachings. However, eventually, Isness is described as something greater and more loving than God. The author describes it as being without description and very loving. How can this be?
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I don't think "special" is the right word. We're all put here for a purpose, even if we never find or know it. Maybe his involves Jesus not wanting anything to happen to him or maybe nothing was intended to happen to him in that moment. Who's to say what the next moment might bring? I'm not sure what the right word for him might be. "Devoted" perhaps?
Books are my self-medication. 8)
Kgonz1972
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kgonz1972 »

I think that everyone has a purpose here. God gives each and every person a special skill or talent. I think that this person was being diverted from anything bad happening to him, so he can to do his purpose someday. His visions are clues for him to figure out what his purpose is and why he needs to do it.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

Richard had a vision which stopped him from committing suicide, and it doesn't seem to me that this happened because he is special but it was just the positive vision which changed his mind.
The scene of getting mugged was personally hard for me to believe.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

MissAndi wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 10:08 I think the Lord works in mysterious ways, but I can't see Jesus approaching him telling him to "find his bones" or other such apparitions. I think strong dreams are just methods of the subconscious crying out and quite frankly I take very little stock in anything "revealed" to someone while on a hallucinatory drug.
I agree with you. Dreams are mostly products of the subconscious. Our mind is one hell of a magician once in a while, and it's smart enough to concoct dreams based on our memories and feelings. :techie-studyingbrown:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Kelyn wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 11:43 I don't think "special" is the right word. We're all put here for a purpose, even if we never find or know it. Maybe his involves Jesus not wanting anything to happen to him or maybe nothing was intended to happen to him in that moment. Who's to say what the next moment might bring? I'm not sure what the right word for him might be. "Devoted" perhaps?
I see your point an I can relate with you. Maybe another word would suit him better. Thank you for your kind comment, Kelyn
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Kgonz1972 wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 12:35 I think that everyone has a purpose here. God gives each and every person a special skill or talent. I think that this person was being diverted from anything bad happening to him, so he can to do his purpose someday. His visions are clues for him to figure out what his purpose is and why he needs to do it.
Thank you, kgonz1972, for sharing your thoughts.
aolayide

Post by aolayide »

Life In Books wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 13:18 Richard had a vision which stopped him from committing suicide, and it doesn't seem to me that this happened because he is special but it was just the positive vision which changed his mind.
The scene of getting mugged was personally hard for me to believe.
You are right and I also believe that the getting mugged part is also real. The danger was averted from him because he has a higher calling.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”