Author's role

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Re: Author's role

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It also appears like the author is an example of a person who finds a path to a destiny and once there, beckons others to come. But then, they are to find their own paths too. The work is to only show them that it is possible to reach there.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

Nerea wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 03:06 I think he believes he is a messenger sent to create awareness about the coming revelation to people, but he has no details about the revelation.
I also think that he wants to spread the message that he got through the revelation but a lot of things in the revelation don't seem to be well-explained.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Moddesser Elahi
Currently Reading:

cvetelina_yovcheva87 wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 17:28 I think that the author tries to show that every person should find his own revelations. Maybe people need someone to urge them to make a certain revelation; however, no one can reveal something instead of you.
I feel something different. I think the author wants to say that he has experienced the revelations but he doesn't explain everything about his revelations in a convincing manner.
Moddesser Elahi
Currently Reading:

Vscholz wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 21:51 Maybe his role is simply sharing the information, like a museum tour guide, and lets the reader come to his or her own conclusions. I'm from a fairly liberal background and have extensive education in literary studies, so my interpretation may be a bit off.
I also think that the author wants to share his revelation and let us interpret it in our own ways.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

BrittaniDJ wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 23:54 At the beginning of chapter one, there is a prelude of sorts that states:
we are on the brink of a revelation, I am not the revealer, we are on the brink of a revelation, this is my role
. My question is, what does the author believe his role to be if not a revealer? A messenger that does not wish to take credit for the message? One who presents opportunities for people to find their own revelations? One who provides a foundation for exploration?
One can become a revealer of his/her own revelation. How this statement has sunk into you is how it should be processed. To one it may be a revelation, to another a catalyst to something else.
Beatus
Currently Reading: Homicide
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Beatus »

BrittaniDJ wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 23:54 At the beginning of chapter one, there is a prelude of sorts that states:
we are on the brink of a revelation, I am not the revealer, we are on the brink of a revelation, this is my role
. My question is, what does the author believe his role to be if not a revealer? A messenger that does not wish to take credit for the message? One who presents opportunities for people to find their own revelations? One who provides a foundation for exploration?
One can become a revealer of his/her own revelation. How this statement has sunk into you is how it should be processed. To one it may be a revelation, to another a catalyst to something else.
iknwuzoh
Currently Reading: We Are Voulhire: Fires of Virko
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iknwuzoh.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by iknwuzoh »

The author played some roles which he did not want to be known. It is a case of being part of the revelations without stressing them in the book.
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

I think he’s trying to say that he’s not the one revealing the information. Instead, he seems to say he will be acting as a shepherd to help people discover the revelation instead of revealing it himself.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

I think he has an announcer's role: "a revelation is coming, so you should prepare yourself". He won't reveal anything; to me, his role is to help us get ready for the revelation.
Tiffanyli
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffanyli.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tiffanyli »

I think the author meant is as each person should find their own revelations and meanings in the text. Even though he is in a sense revealing things, perhaps hes just the guide in our journeys.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”