Review of The Unbound Soul

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
readmybook+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Review of The Unbound Soul

Post by readmybook+ »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Unbound Soul.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard Haight

5 out of 5

It’s not easy to review books like The Unbound Soul. It’s like embarking on a personal transformation journey for the sake of your own soul and consciousness.

The book consists of four parts, first telling the author’s personal story and, in the subsequent parts, he introduces his perception regarding awakening, ways to keep body and mind healthy, and the forces that drive to the awakening process, leading the reader to the truth within.

I like the author’s word choice “Isness” for God, which is at least for me associates not only with Positive but with Negative as well. It “Is”—exists, putting no obligation on us, without judging, only waiting for us to open up to “Is”. And it’s up to us—our choice.

Richard Haight doesn’t promise miracles stating that “On this journey we are alone”. His book is an invitation to use our own experience in achieving the goals of our choice. The author’s journey to the Unnamable is truly touching. Luckily to him, his own parents happened to be the people with an open mind and did not hamper his progress in making his personal choices. They were the first to motivate him to question the unbending religion dogmas. His inquisitive mind sent him on the quest of explaining things he experienced, and his fateful meeting of his Sensei gave him invaluable praxis in finding The Tao or unnamable, or as he decided to call it, Isness.

Guided by unearthly powers, he arrived at the point in his life when he could share his knowledge and experience with other people interested in the subject (“Find the essence of my (Christ) teachings and give it back to the world”).

The author had found right words to bring to his readers the understanding of the undefinable further explaining differences between mind and consciousness, methods for resolving inner disharmony, introducing unconditioned forms of meditation, prayer, and chanting for tuning to consciousness. Through the easy mental technics, the author teaches unbiased perception and feelings and how to relax into innocence and enjoy just being. I highly respect the author’s truthfulness. In his words, “Truly, Isness cannot be taught, because it’s formless and free of all definition.” So, he motivates the reader by rather offering the ways to come to conclusions based on personal efforts and openness toward accepting never experienced spiritual happenings.

Guiding us toward the path of unfoldment without pushing, the author doesn’t conceal that practicing according to his instructions requires sincere dedication (he personally had put in it over 10,000 hours of dedicated study). And I can’t help but agree with him: the narrative requires full attention and genuine commitment, including readiness not to judge, not to explain, but just feel. By its deep and detailed excursion in the process, the part dedicated to meditation impressed me the most.

By sharing his experience—physical and spiritual—abundantly, the author answered many of my questions, some of them were quite an eye-opener, and while reading (I would rather say, ‘experiencing’) his work, I felt elated.

The Unbound Soul is an invaluable source of information and technics for them who seek spiritual unfoldment. Highly recommended.

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”