ARA Review by Andromeda Flynn of How to Write a Novel in 20 Steps

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andromeda Flynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 3

ARA Review by Andromeda Flynn of How to Write a Novel in 20 Steps

Post by Andromeda Flynn »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, How to Write a Novel in 20 Steps.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

How to Write a Novel in 20 Steps by Adam Van Susteren is an inspirational book to help aspiring writers be their best and what to expect after their novel is complete. Many examples for each helpful step are included and let's you know that Adam knows what he's talking about, as he is a writer that feels he has made mistakes and wants to help other writers not make the same ones.

Even as a how to book, this book was written with personality and a clear voice. I enjoyed reading it, even when I expected it to be a bit dry as many self help books are. This is not the case here.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars as I found it to be motivational, encouraging, and engaging. It's inspirational even for a writer to want to help others be better writers, as other writers could be seen as competition, but instead, as Adam says, there will always be a need for great stories. I enjoyed his positivity and thoroughness.

As part of an online authors group, I see the author does as he preaches. His advice is sound and he follows what he suggests. He gives many examples with each helpful step given which are often entertaining as well as informational.

As a new author, but seasoned writer getting back into writing, most of the steps were known to me although there was plenty for me to learn as well, such as lesser known facts about other authors. Also reading how others struggle at succeeding was encouraging on a personal level. This is the best self book I have ever read.

View How to Write a Novel in 20 Steps on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”