ARA Review by Lynda Abdo of One Bone at a Time

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lynda Abdo
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Lynda Abdo of One Bone at a Time

Post by Lynda Abdo »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, One Bone at a Time.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I really enjoyed reading One Bone at a Time. It is an autobiography of a woman who becomes an animal chiropractor, her challenges and triumphs. Her life is a tour de force for chiropractors everywhere, (which reminds me I am overdue for my own chiropractic adjustment!)

It was a little slow in the beginning, but progresses well and I especially found her case studies, with the various personalities of her many animal patients, particularly interesting and engaging. It reminded me a bit of the much beloved story of "Dr. Dolittle." One episode that stands out for me is her treatment of "Button" a miniature horse of a favorite client. The pint sized horse had laid down in her barn for over four days and was unable to get back up. The author's ability to palpitate the horse's spine, quickly identifying the bones to readjust was impressive and highly effective! The little horse got up and was eating normally, no longer needing to be hand fed literally saving her life. The owner was ecstatic because she had been ready to bury the horse in the dead of winter; but instead, found herself praising Dr. Alison for her miraculous recovery! Button was galloping about and completely cured in no time! It really is amazing how misaligned bones can affect our nervous system and health so greatly.

I liked that the chapters were short as it made reading the book easy. There is much humor and authenticity in her apt descriptions of her life experiences, her supportive family and husband Kev, and her multiple Ironman ambitions.

I would like to give this book a rating of 4 out of 5. I found this read to be very enjoyable and informative, but I would reserve a 5 rating for something that is life changing. I found this book very life affirming as I hold many of the views of this woman; except perhaps for her propensity for getting injured and loving to be in the most inhospitable types of weather sometimes at the most difficult of times.

View One Bone at a Time on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”