ARA Review by Reading Panel of This Side of the Darkness

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reading Panel
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Reading Panel of This Side of the Darkness

Post by Reading Panel »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, This Side of the Darkness.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜š๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด by Andromeda Storm is a raw and unflinching account of the author's childhood in an abusive home. Storm's writing is honest and vulnerable, and she does not shy away from the difficult details of her experiences. The book is full of moments that will make the reader cringe, cry, and rage. But it is also a story of hope and resilience. Storm's journey is one of survival, and she ultimately finds her way to a place of peace and healing.

I give ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜š๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด 4 out of 5 stars. I did not give it a perfect rating because there were a few moments when I felt that the book was too graphic or disturbing. However, I believe that Storm's story is an important one, and I am grateful that she had the courage to share it with the world.

Here are some of the things that I appreciated about the book:

โ€ข Storm's honesty and vulnerability. She writes about her experiences with a level of honesty that is both refreshing and heartbreaking.

โ€ข The book's exploration of themes of trauma, addiction, and survival. These are all difficult topics, but Storm handles them with sensitivity and care. She shows how these experiences can shape a person's life, but she also shows how it's possible to find hope and healing.

โ€ข The book's message of hope. Despite the darkness of Storm's childhood, she ultimately finds her way to a place of peace and healing. This message of hope is an inspiration to anyone who has been through difficult times.

Overall, I thought ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜š๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‹๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด was a powerful and important book. It is not an easy read, but it is a book that will stay with you long after you have finished reading it. I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in reading a true story of survival and hope.

View This Side of the Darkness on Bookshelves
Andromeda Flynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Andromeda Flynn »

Thank you for taking a heart wrenching journey with me by reading my book. I apologize for parts of it being too graphic. Thank you for not letting the darkness deter you from finishing the novel. I respect your 4 star rating and explaining the reason why it got such a rating. Thanks for looking at the positives and looking on the bright side and finding the good of my emotionally driven novel.

Return to โ€œARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)โ€