ARA Review by kwanner1213 of Winning the War on Cancer

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kwanner1213
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by kwanner1213 of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by kwanner1213 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Winning the War on Cancer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Winning the War on Cancer: The Epic Journey Towards a Natural Cure

This book talks about a woman’s journey and fight to get a natural cure for cancer out in the world like her father wanted. The world is against her, and yet as in any war, she continues to fight her way through the obstacles that want to keep her down.

This book is a must read for anyone who has cancer, knows someone who has cancer, or just wants to be prepared for the unknown future we all face. Cancer is a force to be reckoned with and at this point we are not winning the war. A cure needs to be found, and I hope it is on the horizon. Too many people are dying, parents are losing children, people are losing friends, children are losing parents etc... We are losing all these people to a disease that should already have a cure to it. And is there one? Is there a natural way to save the people who are left that either have cancer, or will have cancer? Sylvie Beljanski answers that question for us.

My grandma got breast cancer in 2010, and chemo and radiation changed her. It made her a different person and it was really hard to watch. She passed away in 2013 despite having fought the best she could. I now have a friend that has cancer and will have to go through chemo and radiation, and another friend whose dad just died from cancer. I wish I had this book to read while my grandma was going through her war with cancer. I wish there was a way I could have helped her. Cancer is everywhere, and Beljanski’s work to fight the war on it is inspiring.

As I read this book, it made me feel such a variety of emotions. At times I was hopeful, then angry, then defeated, and then hopeful again. Sylvie Beljanski is able to make the reader feel like they are there with her. Her loss and stress became mine. Her hope and failures struck a chord within me. Sylvie made me want to believe in something bigger than myself. She made me want to help the cause. Not many books have the power to do that, but hers did.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars. This book held my attention throughout, even though I did not fully understand all of the scientific parts of it. Sylvie Beljanski has astounding information and was able to back it up with facts. Not only did she provide the science of it all, she provided stories so that the reader could be there in the moment with her. She puts in her own thoughts throughout the book. I honestly was worried the story would be dry because I have never really read anything like this, and I was afraid it might be too scientific to follow. I assure you it is not. This story is provided by a woman who was also learning through the book, as the reader is learning, as she goes through her amazing journey. I could not take away any stars because I don't have anything bad to say about the book. I have no reason to take any away, and I have lots of reasons to give the book as many stars as I can.

View Winning the War on Cancer on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”