ARA Review by Halloween_Pumpkin66 of Burn Zones

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Halloween_Pumpkin66
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Halloween_Pumpkin66 of Burn Zones

Post by Halloween_Pumpkin66 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Burn Zones.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Jorge P. Newbery is a phenomenal writer. He has authored several books, including his memoir Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands. In his memoir, Jorge tells of his life as a very successful entrepreneur. Starting at the age of seven, Jorge would obtain his own paper route. By the time he was a teenager with his own record company, he’d already had his own ice-cream trike and had been a busboy.

Jorge was a high school dropout but always relied on his life’s lessons to succeed at the next venture. When he was racing bicycles, he considered these intense moments of struggle his burn zones. These were times when he was not the only one to struggle but would be the one to overcome and come out ahead of the pack. Jorge became a loan originator which introduced him to one of his great accomplishments of being a real-estate mogul. However, real estate would put him into $26 million dollars in debt. Getting out of that debt would be the greatest burn zone he’d ever face and overcome. Now, he successfully runs a company dedicated to helping others get out of their own debt.

Most of Jorge’s ventures have been in the pursuit of helping others. His humanity is what I liked the best about this memoir. He did not give up on people he cared about and believed in when things got challenging. Even when he did not receive any help from others. There wasn’t anything about this book that I disliked.

The words of inspiration written by Jorge are humble and intriguing. Even with all his successes, he remembers where he came from and appreciates his experiences. This book is brilliantly written and professionally edited. I only recognized one error where a word was missing. It is such an exceptional book and written so many from all walks of life could understand and take away the values discovered in the pages. I rate this book 5 out 5 because of these fine points.

Jorge proved repeatedly there isn’t a burn zone he couldn’t overcome. He subsequently shared his experiences so others could learn from his accomplishments and trials.

View Burn Zones on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”