ARA Review by N+Retallick of Save the Last Bullet for God

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
N+Retallick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

ARA Review by N+Retallick of Save the Last Bullet for God

Post by N+Retallick »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Save the Last Bullet for God.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Five out of five stars. Be prepared for a sci-fi reading that is disorienting and illogical in a complex surreal way. But that is exactly what made me turn the pages. What does a German soldier, Genghis Khan’s first born, aliens, time travel, and winner takes all have in common? This book was a little bit challenging in that there were a lot of character changes.

Schizophrenia, past lives, aliens, space ships, metaphysics, plus many more experiences. JT Alblood didn’t miss a thing. I was drawn in immediately. This story is about one man who either really did live past lives and is an alien on the planet Earth gathering information to take back to his people, or he really is schizophrenic. He could also be a metaphysical brainiac.

JT Alblood takes the reader on an alternative to reality adventure starting with WWII. Part of the fun in this book is deciding if the writer is writing a story while wearing schizophrenic glasses or metaphysical glasses. The character becomes himself again when he visits all of his past lives after he dies. He has past lives of being a German soldier during WWII, Genghis Khan’s first born fighting battles, a bacteria, a female, Pizarro, time traveler, and more. The character has conversations with Sigmund Freud and Albert Einstein. The questions he asks are metaphysically important to humankind.

At first I empathized with the character Oktay while he was sitting in front of his computer not being able to put his thoughts in to words. Then I felt enlightened when Elif told her side of the story. The therapy proposed to the psychiatrist was brilliant.

I have to admit I almost didn’t read this book because for me, Save the Last Bullet for God, is a scary title. Once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down.

Each character plays a part of the whole. We are a sum of our parts. In the end the writer brings the reader in full circle. The reader needs to be open minded enough to accept alternatives to reality.

There is some violence; a shooting, bar room violence, self-harm, and suicide.

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”