ARA Review by TheDGMartin of Superhighway

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheDGMartin
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by TheDGMartin of Superhighway

Post by TheDGMartin »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Superhighway.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

To be honest, I felt this book lose some of it's appeal at first because it was written almost entirely in first person. This is as subjective as this review gets - because I should not really base this on emotion. The book has a very interesting angle as it essentially combines mutant ability, a robinhood-esque plot line, and technological manipulation. Everything from the moment of ability discovery by the main character, Alex Fine (an orphan), to the details of the places traveled across the globe (like Amsterdam and Geneva). This all leads to some near death experiences in Europe, a backstory plot twist that include his paternal grandparents, father, and the tie into the Lehman brothers financial collapse. All the while, learning about love, betrayal, and why our actions have consequences.

Once set aside any particular preference of first hand writing, the book is pretty solid. It was an easy read navigating from page to page as the story gained momentum, and my curiosity built on the potential of where the rest of the story would take me.

For sheer creativity: 10/10
Action/Suspense: 10/10
Writing Style: 8/10
Length: 8/10
Unexpectedly involving a United States Marine: 10/10

The writing style may have a couple of points missing, but the fact that it was as captivating as it was really helped this story. For length - I honestly think this book should have been longer - which is a good thing!

Overall this is definitely a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars. I would definitely consider reading a sequel. Overall, a great job by the author, and I would recommend this book.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”