ARA Review by N+Retallick of Strong Heart

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
N+Retallick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

ARA Review by N+Retallick of Strong Heart

Post by N+Retallick »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Strong Heart.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

5 out of 5 . Tom finds out he is a grandfather the hard way when the girl’s grandmother, Ruth, drops the granddaughter, Sarah, off at Tom’s then leaves. Sarah is defined as defiant by Ruth. She wants Tom to take care of Sarah. Tom had plans to hike to his grandfather’s grave to pay respects and almost backed out because he felt uneasy about taking a young girl into the wilderness. Tom chose to stick with his plan to hike through the Olympic National Park woods to pay respects to his grandfather’s grave before a big corporation comes in and destroys the natives’ land. During the hike Sarah gets mad and takes off into the woods alone. A search party was sent out to look for her when she doesn’t return.

A young girl lost in the woods is every family’s worst nightmare. The author, Charlie Sheldon, did a good job in describing the panic everyone felt when Sarah went missing. I was hoping they would find her sooner. After she had been missing for eight days she returns and tells a tale of her experience, or her vision.

Later in the year they return to the park only to be betrayed by Myra’s friend who works for the corporation that wants to take their land. Tom and his friends, William and Myra, defend their native heritage and respect traditions. They are very compassionate about keeping the native lands out of the hands of a corrupt corporation. Myra argues with science defending the stories of her native heritage.

I was glad to see the maps at the beginning of the book. I grew up in Alaska near where Sarah had her adventure. I have watched my friends fight for their native rights. I’m giving a 5 out of 5 review because Charlie Sheldon conveyed compassion for the cause for native rights.

View Strong Heart on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”