ARA Review by momof4ST of End of the Last Great Kingdom

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
momof4ST
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by momof4ST of End of the Last Great Kingdom

Post by momof4ST »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, End of the Last Great Kingdom.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

End of the Last Kingdom
By Victor Rose

To begin with, I have to say that I am not normally a sci-fi/fantasy fan. However, I have to say that this book was fantastic! It was very fast-paced and full of adventure, and yes even death. However, it was not senseless killing by our heroes Brimstone, Heat Brick, and Neptune I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars for its rating, and here's why:

It starts off by describing how each race, Goblin, Elf, Dwarves, Humans, Orcs, and the Enlighten were created in the realm of Sulphurium. The author goes into great detail to set the storyline by giving the reader the history from thousands of years prior to the book's current day starting point. He shows the reader in great detail the rise and fall of the rulers of each of the time periods that he mentions in the story.

After the story catches up to its current-day starting point, it shows the reader exactly what the situation is with the fall of the royals, and their need to try to survive. A lot of events happen along the way from thievery to outright killing. Yet since the young Royal who was so young when he was stuck in a carriage to flee from the attacks ends up alone without his father but rather a guardian, when the carriage ends up in an accident and the guardian killed the young boy must figure out how to survive on his own. After going through many trials as a young boy he will finally end up as a ward of a school.

The author goes on to show the progression that the boy they named Leaf goes through as he attends a school for mages. He has no memory of his past and does not know his true name. And as far as he can tell he has no magic ability, at least not that can be measured and tested the way that the school would normally test it. Leaf is not awakened like the rest of the students at his school, in fact, he does not show any magical ability until he is attacked and about to lose his life, His powers will only grow from there though. I will not go into details as that would just spoil the surprise, but that is how he goes from being known as Leaf ward of the school to being known as Brimstone the mage. It is at that point that he gets permission to stay at the school and learn with the other mages.

What happens after that will keep the reader on the edge of their seat, they won’t want to put their book down. From being used as a scapegoat to place blame on for senseless deaths at the school, to senseless deaths by members of the order, a group that was originated to protect the mages. Brimstone must fight to survive and help to protect the members of Crimson. How to do it is the key to everyone’s survival.

View End of the Last Great Kingdom on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”