ARA Review by Gadwill of Bluewater Walkabout

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gadwill
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 15

ARA Review by Gadwill of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Gadwill »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Bluewater Walkabout.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A REVIEW BY GADWILL ODHIAMBO BLUEWATER WALKABOUT

Bluewater Walkabout is ana amazing experience for a reader interested in epic journey.the journey to Africa.I have a personal affiliation to africa as my motherland.

When Tina and her family embark upon a travel journey into Africa, she expects things to go smoothly, and yet events go horribly wrong. She becomes flabbergasted much of the time from the wild adventure that occurs during their travels. She is laughing and crying at the same time. An adventurous safari becomes perilous when wild animals threaten the family's safety. On down the road a thumb is sacrificed, the kids disappear on the water for a day, a bag of gold is lost, and more. Even great white sharks contribute to the chaos. The drama is hilarious at just the right moment.

Events escalate when Tina's sons bring along two friends who upset the family balance on an adventurous journey around Africa and across the Atlantic Ocean. Mutiny seems imminent. Long periods of Tina's quiet reflection force hidden secrets to the surface: sexual assault, rape, guilt, and mental illness. She begins to heal and finds recovery from the memories when she witnesses women suffering from far worse dramas like poverty and war. Rogue waves and storms roll in and when Tina begins to deal with a mysterious health problem, the perils of life at sea become very real.

Half running towards a dream, Tina met her husband and the two of them decided to live a life at sea. Unlike many people who move aboard and sail the world for a year or two, the Dreffin family never went back ashore. Tina Dreffin's debut memoir is a masterclass of adventure and travel, sure to please all lovers of funny, humorous travel, and journeys about healing and recovery. Bluewater Walkabout” is easily one of the most interesting, unique, and immersive memoirs that I have come across in a long, long time.

I mainly enjoyed this story because the story has a very adventurous theme. That is also complimented and expressed by a writing style .That does not fail to hook the reader in and convey the scenes in a way that, for me personally, made it very easy to imagine everything in a vivid way just as I think the author truly intended.

As well as this, I think the undertone of the writing style has a very personal and even at times relatable vibe to it – Tina has lived a live much different than mine, but I couldn’t help but find myself connecting to her thoughts and experiences in a way that made the reading experience to be very touching for me. This is also due in part to the fact that Tina writes in a very raw and honest way – she includes even the more darker experiences of her life and even though some parts have quite a melancholic feel to it, I ultimately interpret the theme of one being based upon hope and personal redemption. This is the first book that I have read by the author, but I truly hope that it is not the last – as it has given me a great first impression of her raw writing ability. I highly recommend it to any fans of memoirs who are looking for something refreshingly new.

i give it a grading of 5 out of 5 stars for it's beautiful nature.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves
Ogiyaonke Kilili
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Ogiyaonke Kilili »

I totally agree the author is personal and that is what makes the book incredible. The author made it easy for audience to relate, don't you agree?

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”