ARA Review by Beckham Mazvidza of The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Beckham Mazvidza
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Beckham Mazvidza of The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Post by Beckham Mazvidza »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

TGE SWORD SWALLOWER AND THE CHICO KID

The writer clearly paints the picture of two lost souls looking for redemption in their life.Gary believes he is a tormented soul searching for purpose in a world he does not understand as everything is complex to him . Drinking is his way to keep his demons at rest and for a moment runaway from reality.

The part l didn't like which made me repel to the novel at one point is the drug part . Also the use of cursing words which l found inappropriate although these words are mostly used but it makes the book not suitable for kids.This book isn't for readers who don't appreciate their books littered about drugs, and dark and insensitive humor.

The author has alot of ideas and good writing, but fails to keep a steady connection with the reader. It gets the reader scavenging the book for that potential.

There were some few grammatical errors which could be fixed but they were not much to turn me off or pull me away from the circus world l was entranced i

I give this book 4 out of 5 because of the way he failed to keep a reading flow without disrupting the reader as there wasn't a steady connection with the reader . Also some small spelling errors but other than that the writer was able to create moments that range from wonderfully comical to devastatingly sad to achingly sweet.Robinson presents the full range of emotions in clear, powerful prose.

View The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”