ARA Review by Beckham Mazvidza of The Expansion

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Beckham Mazvidza
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Beckham Mazvidza of The Expansion

Post by Beckham Mazvidza »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Expansion.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

THE EXPANSION

The novel follows British engineer Max Burns as he works on a complex project to expand the Panama Canal. It gives Max the opportunity to work with an old school friend, Godfredo Roco and his mercurial father Paco. The position he's given is highly competive one which lands him into being a suspect as the project becomes a murder scene two. This makes him the center of an intertwining web of political intrigue, betrayal and murder that has ties well beyond the shores of Panama.

The author really gave the audience an insight of the world of politics and that also politics is a dirty game only a few can make it to the too without blood on their hands . He clearly showed his these mean spirited people operate.

We will meet Karis Deen, a Smithsonian environmental researcher at the Tropical Institute in Panama. She has secrets the reader will learn a bit later in the book.

It is a varied cast of characters with secret agendas and lots of political power to pull strings and influence the outcome of who wins not only the design but can bring the project to completion at the lowest cost.

I give this book 5 out 5 because author was able to lure me with a good clear description. The first couple of chapters managed to pull me into the story very easily and I really liked the fact that I got to see Max's back story. This way you find out about his early life and also his parents.

View The Expansion on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”