ARA Review by Michael Wallace 1 of The Biblical Clock

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Wallace 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Michael Wallace 1 of The Biblical Clock

Post by Michael Wallace 1 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Biblical Clock.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

(i)The Biblical Clock(/i) is a very interesting alignment of the scientific explanation and the biblical account for the age of the earth and the universe. The author's Daniel E. Friedman and Dania Sheldon take the readers on a journey through Jewish history to highlight the different individuals who influenced the interpretations of the holy scriptures.
I have not previously experienced the method used by the author's to present the information as I was initially confused by the different stories that led to the biblical
conclusions for dating the earth. After reading several chapters, I began to see the author's method of slowly bringing the dating information into focus.

The Jewish history is quite interesting and enlightens ones appreciation for how the Bible was studied in such a precise
manner. There are many illustrations that increase the readers understanding of both the scientific and biblical timelines. The book is easy to read and the editing is very good. The book is lengthy but its packed with information that keeps the reader engaged.

I believe a wide audience would enjoy this book because of the story line and the scientific information included. The only drawback may be the time required to read the entire book and the readers ability to patiently read and extract the scientific information from the text. Many people may shy away from the religious history but the benefit of the correlation of Science and Religion is a blessing that many will appreciate.

The text includes 12 chapters and each chapter is introducing new Jewish historical figures or new scientific figures who contributed to our understanding of earth's history. The book also illustrates how the timeline of the earth and universe has changed over time. A excellent glossary is included to understand much of terminology in the book.

(b) I would rate this book at 4 out of 5 as it is very good(/b). The book would be better if the information was more concise. I look forward to reading other books by these authors and understanding the content and format used in previous and future manuscripts. I am curious how the authors derived the method used to present the information.
I would have tried to link each chapter together in a way that would have lead the reader to understand the sequence of events. This would prevent the reader from becoming confused and keep the reader eagerly awaiting the next chapter. I look forward to learning more about the authors techniques in writing.

View The Biblical Clock on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”