ARA Review by Tudorache Remus of The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tudorache Remus
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

ARA Review by Tudorache Remus of The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Post by Tudorache Remus »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I like the book Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson because it is a story based on reality, a beautiful story about 2 mane, Duke Reynolds and Gary Robinson (same name with author), although it is mostly about drugs and drink, the third part of the book is about friendship and Gary who finds a way out of these vices.

The book is arranged in three sections. The first part is my favorite because in this section is the story of Duke Reynolds, a 15 years old kid, part of a disfunctional family wich taking his own life in his own hands and run away from home, than he met a new family, members of a circus and he become circus performer and professional "sword swallower".

In the second part, i don't really like Gary Robinson story because he is a young unambitious who interest apear to consist a hard-drinking and a drug-using, a college kid from Chico. Anxious to escape an abusive homelife, Gary embarks on a life of drug and alcohol-fueled escapades that climaxes with an impromptu orgy at a museum, resulting in the destruction of a prized woolly mammoth exhibit. Twenty years later Gary meet a heavily tattooed former circus worker into a bar, named Duke Reynolds and booth become friends.

The third part is about friendship from Duke Reynolds and Gary Robinson, once Reynolds exposes to the teachings of the noted agnostic, Gary begins to see a way out of the cycle of drugs and alcoholism abuse.

I'm rate this book 5 out of 5 because is based on real life and maybe learn something from this book.

View The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”