ARA Review by kaida-flowers of The Biblical Clock

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kaida-flowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

ARA Review by kaida-flowers of The Biblical Clock

Post by kaida-flowers »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Biblical Clock.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God's Plan by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon is an insightful non-fiction narrative that unites the two seemingly conflicting and incompatible topics of science and biblical religion. The authors make this connection in respect of the timing of the formation of the world and life on Earth. The book encompasses 12 chapters within 3 parts. ​​Friedmann links the biblical outline for history to the chronology of actual history up to the present day throughout the book in order to position known history in the perspective of God's plan for humanity. All of the chapters are non-fiction and are historically and scientifically based except for Chapter 10, which focuses on the End of Days and other biblical prophecies.

I particularly enjoyed this reading for various reasons. I liked the fact that the authors included a reading guide prior to the book started because it helps the reader to know which each part entails. Friedmann is a Christian based on Judaism beliefs which one who isn’t must keep in mind, but anyone with an open mind who isn’t Christian or religious and wants to engage with The Biblical Clock will find themselves captivated and enlightened by the text. The book’s grammar and analysis were not difficult to comprehend because the authors write in a controversial tone, although the topic throughout the book is deep. This wording makes the reader feel like an inevitable thesis between science and biblical religion is possible. The Biblical Clock entails many forms of credibility, such as maps, glossary, scholars, commentators, and Freidmann’s own personal experiences with exploring the biblical and scientific timelines, which makes the book even more compelling.

When searching for a book that delves into religion and science in a well-researched and captivating, yet informal tone, The Biblical Clock is the book you should read. Friedmann allows you to ponder and learn things you have never explored before, such as when mankind and world creation actually began. Despite being introduced to new territory, the authors give helpful clarifications to all that is discussed in logical depth.

I would rate The Biblical Clock 4 out 5 stars. It is an unbiased read, which is needed in readings that are projected towards non-believers in Christianity and/or the scientific formation of the world. However, I assumed from the Author’s Note and the Reading Guide that it would explain how and when the world was created, and which of the two (the biblical Genesis account or the Big Bang Theory scientific account) were closer to the truth, which wasn’t exactly what the book described. Still, The Biblical Clock proposes a perceptible narrative of the six days of Creation and the seventh day of rest that I am aware of in the Bible, but it didn’t turn me off from continuing to progress in the reading.

Freidmann included numerous sources in the book, has a co-author named Dania Sheldon and many more credible inclusions for me to know that it is well thought out, written, and edited. The two did a great job with connecting religion and science in correlation to the beginning of time.

To round up this review, I would recommend any age that can comprehend the depth of the subject that The Biblical Clock discusses. Any person who would be interested about the mysteries of the world, specifically the Earth’s and universe’s creation time and about the End of Days need to look into this book.

View The Biblical Clock on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”