ARA Review by Ane Kruger 1 of Bluewater Walkabout

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ane Kruger 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Ane Kruger 1 of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Ane Kruger 1 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Bluewater Walkabout.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa
Tina Dreffin

We set out on our 3months plus journey on our Catamaran, Scud, with much excitement and anxiety for what we will learn and discover on this amazing journey. We landed in Johannesburg and booked an amazing Safari trip in the Kruger National Park, my mom and Brittany flew in to accompany us on this great adventure as we have heard a lot about African wildlife. We saw the deathly ways of the wildlife and had a close encounter.

We were living the pleasure life of many, living on the ocean and not being tied down to material and ideals. We were carefree. During the journey we met many new sea friends from all over the globe and shared very interesting sea tales with each other. We were accompanied by the sons of our closest friends. Peter and the boys really enjoyed their time on the ocean. Being home-schooled our boys always travelled with us. The boys learned hands on experience and book knowledge. We had exciting times where we were faced with danger, panic but we were also met with the beauty and grace of nature’s way.

Not all were always roses and moonshine, we had some heartache and some dark moments, but with a strong mind-set and nature we got through them together. Standing strong as an unit and operating as one has helped us through many unexpected turn of events.

Reaching our end destination on the ocean was a proud moment as we had some wavering moments where the moral of the crew dwindled during the course of the journey. Peter and I as well as the boys had made memories they will never forget and have new stories to tell around the open fires.

The book is very informative and for a non-adventurist person you will learn a lot about animals and ways of the sea, almost educational in a way as well especially in teaching us readers about safety techniques and animal behaviour. The book really grips you and makes you feel as if you are there with Tina and the family through their journey.

The English language used must be aged a bit, because some of the words I don’t know and I was born in the 90’s so sometimes I have to search a word to better make sense of the sentence but that is not the death of the book it just shows me how language evolved over the years and how it differs from time to time.

My Rating will be a 4 out of 5. The reason is that the book is extremely well planned out and is so detailed it really grabs your attention. There are minimal errors. The book is based on reality which makes it a lot easier for any reader to compare with and also maybe have some similar experiences which lets them think back and relive. It is also very educational. The reason for not giving a 5 is that the language use might make it difficult to understand for younger readers and a 3 is too low a score for this book as I enjoyed it.

Suitable for any reader, but would be better accepted by adventure seeking readers or adults looking to escape reality a bit. Also just caution there is some slight sexual harassment mentioning so not for sensitive readers.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”