ARA Review by MORVINE ADOYO of Bluewater Walkabout

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MORVINE ADOYO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morvine-adoyo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

ARA Review by MORVINE ADOYO of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by MORVINE ADOYO »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Bluewater Walkabout.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Traveling is an activity that many, comprising me, undertake since it brings fun and adventure. Tina Dreffin's Bluewater Walkabout is a memoir about the author's distress during her family's vacation to Africa. Intriguingly, this life story might motivate readers to start on a self-healing path. On the other hand, the wordplay in this book's title is unique. The dictionary defines ‘walkabout’ as an unscheduled promenade, particularly in a large group. The indigenous people of Australia use rituals and pilgrimage, often on foot, to get in touch with the spirit world. It's proof of how vital travel is, and it's another reason I like traveling.

Tina and her husband, Peter, intended to travel to several places. They chose Africa, namely South Africa, as their starting point. Obviously, they brought along their two children, Adam and Warren. At the airport, they met a friend who had previously lived in South Africa. This buddy almost caused them to abandon their vacation plans. He cautioned them about the dangers of South Africa, particularly the shark-infested waters. However, this did not deter them, and they departed for South Africa. There, they acquired a boat and plotted their voyage across the ocean. During their trip, they faced difficult circumstances that almost derailed their experiences. How successful were they in overcoming these challenges? Grab a copy to find out.

Bluewater Walkabout is among the first travel memoir I have ever read, and I must admit that it was outstanding. The author painted a picture of Africa's splendor and the challenges that each country confronts. Basically, Tina had an impressive amount of charisma. She overcame obstacles such as sexual assault, a miscarriage, and even cancer to emerge triumphant from experience. Moreover, the text provides encouragement not just for women but for everyone through terrible circumstances. I had always entertained daydreams about what it would be like to travel around Europe, and the author's tale has motivated me to pursue those daydreams. Tina never gave up on what she was determined to do, and her descriptions of the visited locations are gorgeous and uplifting.

The book did not include any negative elements at all. I like how the author goes into detail about her past. Because of this, the book became more engaging. When she spoke about her interactions with the sea and the creatures that lived there, I had the impression that I was right there with her. This was made abundantly clear by the minute attention to detail with which she narrated the events of her life in the book. She did not let her history dictate her future, and it was a decision that paid off.

Generally, I give Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa: Finding Healing Through Travel 5 out of 5 stars. It was incredibly well-edited since I discovered no errors. I have to praise the author for making sure that each chapter is concise and interesting. I enjoyed reading the book and found the events to be informative.

I recommend this book to anybody going through a challenging period of life, as well as those who like travel and adventure. Travel educates us about humankind and instills awareness, comprehension, and respect for many perspectives and lifestyles. The book's cover also caught my eye, and I can say that it is suited for the subject matter.

View Bluewater Walkabout on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”