ARA Review by Angelsheild of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Angelsheild
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

ARA Review by Angelsheild of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Angelsheild »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci is actually three stories in one. The main character has disconcerted memories about her past lives that continuously interrupt her regular life and disrupt her sleep. Fortunately, they are all connected for a reason, and the plot slowly builds through the story for a satisfying resolution to all three stories.

The author labeled the book as a thriller, and at first it threw me off of wanting to read it. However, I read it anyway, and was pleasantly surprised. It did not have the consistent high stress pacing I was expecting. It was exciting, but not to the extent that I just wanted to put the book down and be done. There were both slow, intimate scenes and high paced action scenes.

While the intimate scenes helped balance the pacing, I felt like they were a bit much. Without the detailed scenes, a teacher could recommend this book to students who are going through Humanities or Art History to help them develop a love for art. As it is, I would have a hard time recommending it to anyone without having to explain that there are a few parts intended for adults.

The book also included many references to various art pieces through the ages. Every description was detailed and accurate from everything I have read and learned in art history. I specifically liked the description of Da Vinci's style of painting. It was very aptly put, and I could tell the author knew what she was writing about.

I enjoyed the storyline immensely. I was just expecting the pacing to be a bit more intense. I realize that marking the book as a thriller could help it sell better, but if I had read it for the thrill, I would have been disappointed. I will say, though, it was a good romance read, and I wouldn't mind reading another from this author. I say 5 out of 5 because the few downfalls I found are more personal flaws than flaws in the storyline, and I really did enjoy this point of view.

View The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”