ARA Review by Dina Hussien 1 of Misreading Judas

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dina Hussien 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Dina Hussien 1 of Misreading Judas

Post by Dina Hussien 1 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Misreading Judas.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

5 out of 5
Misreading Judas by Robert Wahler is analysis of the Gospel of Judas from a Gnostic perspective.
Scholars who have analyzed this extremely short Gospel in the past have done so incorrectly, according to Wahler. They have disregarded the Gnostic and Western hints in the text and only analyzed it from the Orthodox Christian perspective. I enjoyed this book, and Wahler definitely explains the Gospel of Judas well. Even though I didn’t know much about Gnosticism and had never read the Gospel of Judas myself, I was able to understand this book.

The only thing keeping me from giving it a perfect 5/5 rating is the fact that it didn’t read nicely on an e-reader. There were big walls of text in some places, with the Gospel of Judas and the 4 other Gospels being quoted and analyzed at the same time. Without the proper spacing and the proper distinction between the quotes and the analyses, I found it difficult to understand what was going on at times.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a nonfiction Gospel of Judas analysis.

View Misreading Judas on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”