ARA Review by huefreeze331 of In It Together

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
huefreeze331
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by huefreeze331 of In It Together

Post by huefreeze331 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, In It Together.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Self-improvement is something that some of us strive to work at. But it may be challenging to find out where to start. This book, In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle To Uniting Us All, may be able to provide us with the answers that we are seeking. The book dives into the real self and the superficial cover we bathe ourselves under every day to conceal our true selves. It is the classic battle between the conscious and the unconscious. It gives us the answers we are looking for in a very detailed and honest approach.

If you like the movie The Matrix, you will probably like this book. I feel like the character Morpheus is narrating this book; a lot of the reading would seem like something he would say. Although I say this in jest, this book provides a visceral philosophical view of the world and how you can navigate through it no matter where you are in life. This book provides a lot of in-depth investigation into who we really are and how to get there if we are not happy with our current station in life.

One thing that I love about this book is that it does not force its belief system on you. It does not judge or forces us to espouse some type of ideology expressed in the book. I think it does offer some healthy suggestions, which ironically, was the theme for most of the reading, especially toward the end. It offers suggestions rather than decrees for us to follow. Another aspect I enjoyed was that we have a choice to change no matter what position we are in life. I think what turns people off is when they are told what to do, and they have been doing it wrong all this time. Only to find out that their new method of life is trumped by another new method of life and that they soon abandon their current ideology. It is just a vicious cycle that continues to repeat itself.

One of the things I pulled from this book is that we are constantly finding ourselves wanting more out of life but still not being satisfied. We are constantly pulled into buying more and better things, only to realize that hole in our spirit is still there and it will never be filled with our current remedy. The book discusses finding inner peace and keeping it. It explains that we should be content with what we have and not what we seek and gain. It also showed me that we need to accept people for who they are. Not that we should tolerate them, but accept them and at least try to love them. Harboring any hate and resentment will not do you any good and is not good for the soul. We cannot change people and it is just a waste of time. I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.

I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars because it offers a philosophical viewpoint on finding yourself and the steps to do so. I recommend this book to people who look to improve their lives and love the philosophical genre. It is a very meaty and visceral book, so you may to pay close attention to the text to grasp the full meaning of some of it. It started slow for me at first, but I think I was getting accustomed to the writer’s style of presentation and expressing his viewpoint. Finally, I think you may pull something different from this book than I did, but I believe that it was designed to do just that.

View In It Together on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”