ARA Review by Dunja Stefanko of In It Together

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dunja Stefanko
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Dunja Stefanko of In It Together

Post by Dunja Stefanko »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, In It Together.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Initial word
When one feels broken or IS broken, one usually does not seek help, but usually comfort in a form of a materialistic evil like alcohol or gambling. It is unhealthy, and while that person knows it, they don't seek true help because society shames us when trying to empower ourselves. Now, with years, fortunately, that mentality is slowly starting to fade as more and more people want to help themselves. "In It Together" is a book one would get perscibed as a medicine for a broken, hopeless soul. The book is not meant just for one age group, therefore anyone can find comfort and much needed help in it. As a 20 year old, I felt like my soul was maturing through a number of lifetimes while simply sitting on a chair and staring at a piece of paper. It is a book that must not wait because when one finally lays their eyes on it, only thing they think about is why haven't they read it earlier. The book is embodiment of a kind stranger who says : "Hey man, I know it's tough, but pull yourself together! Look, I'll help, but you have to truly give yourself in. No masks. No charades. No escapes or excuses. It's just you, me and all the time in the world."

Duality of a man
While dividing an individual in 2 parts; a soul and an ego (a reference to Freud's id vs ego conflict), the author gives readers a hint that he's aware of a split personality that lurks inside of each and every one of us. He reminds us that he is aware of us pretending to be other people on a daily basis, but that it's acceptable and we shouldn't be ashamed of it.
We are being told that being self disciplined and being free spirited are the same thing and are united the same way out body (ego) and mind (soul) should be once we find a higher level of our spiritual selves. To be free spirited IS to be self disciplined just like having a healthy mind IS equivalent of having a healthy body and those two shouldn't be drifted apart.

Motivation
The whole idea of this book is to wake people up by combining simple, (already known) philosophy, tips how to self heal and changing one's perspective. By indirectly telling a reader "you're better than this live you're living right now", the reader slowly starts to accept the idea that they're not a 9-5 robot, but a spiritual being who's going to be trapped for all the eternity unless they realise mind and soul are meant to be unified and bring benefits and freedom, not a war and destruction to someone's inner being.

Conclusion
"In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes is a fresh, much needed book in a world of literature. It is inspiring no matter what age group a person belongs to while discussing mature topics. It is simply written yet carries a strong message; each reader gets their own after completing the book, but each and every one can be interpreted as "I am reborn". Regarding the grammar, there really is no complaints, therefore, grammar check from my side was not needed. It would be a sin towards all the people who have read this book (and my reborn self) as well to give a grade lesser than 5 stars. Therefore, my final grade is 5 out of 5 stars.

View In It Together on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”