ARA Review by JodiLynnSB of In It Together

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JodiLynnSB
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Iron Sharpens Iron
Bookshelf Size: 4

ARA Review by JodiLynnSB of In It Together

Post by JodiLynnSB »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, In It Together.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I want to start by saying I rate this book 4.5 out of 5. Here is why:

I have mixed feelings about this book. It is definitely not a book that you can sit down with and read straight through from the beginning to the end. This is a book that you are going to need to take time with.

Let me rephrase that to say you are going to want to take time to read through this book and not rush through it. You are going to want to pause while reading it and really think about what the author is saying. There are times where you will feel like the author is talking directly to you. That happened to me twice where I needed to start over from the beginning only to again feel as if the author was divinely led to pen the opening letter where he spoke of this light that was trying to work its way out of us.

You will feel like you are in a crowded room yet the author sees you and is speaking directly to you; and you will want to silence all of the noise around you so that you can hear what is being said directly to you.

This book is beautifully written so much so that you cannot read it distracted. To do so, you will miss something that you will have to stop and go back to get because you don't want to leave nothing behind of all that was said. I kind of think the author meant to do this. I feel as if the author meant to make us stop with all the busyness so that we can see that we need to reconnect. It's in the reconnecting that we find that we are not as disconnected as we think. We are all affected by the same things and many times in the same way. Therefore the title is perfect - In It Together.

The author challenges us to stop and look and listen with the intent not to respond but to hear. This book can be frustrating to a busy person and yet rewarding to the point that one will find themselves not only reading it again but highlighting many key points and taking notes on all that stands out to you, and those points that require us to be honest with ourselves such as having to acknowledge that we don't know how to be still. We finish projects only to start another project. He tells us that struggle is what life is.

Without preaching to us the authors drops several truths on those whose ears he has gained as a platform. He pulls no punches in getting right to the point in exposing where the true brokenness is suffered - in the spirit.

If you are a deep thinker, get this book. If you are doing some self examination, definitely get this book. If you are unplugging from this world and looking to reconnect to life around you and all it encompasses, get this book.

View In It Together on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”