ARA Review by Leslie Castaneda of Sent to Watch

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leslie Castaneda
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Leslie Castaneda of Sent to Watch

Post by Leslie Castaneda »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Sent to Watch.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In David Lebenstein's science fiction novel "Sent to Watch," emissaries from a confederation of multiple alien planets travel across multiple planets to gather information on the technological and cultural advancements of other civilizations.

Two agents who just returned from the Battle of Waterloo in 1815 are summoned
for routine purposes against the backdrop of the battle. Agents from the interplanetary commission are sent to various planets under various aliases to gather information on the progress of the various nation states that populate those planets.

I enjoyed the book in many ways, especially the fact that it was based on actual historical events to tell the story. In addition, the author depicts the political divide that existed between Catholics and Protestants. This provided me with information regarding the representation of the cultural and historical injustices.

David J. Lebenstein has sufficient knowledge of writing a good science fiction adventure to please Bradbury fans like me. He also speaks the King's English. The author's background as a geoscientist is evident in the thorough descriptions of the galaxy and planets. It turns out that in Lebenstein's vision of the future, there is conflict as man's understanding of the universe grows, perhaps at a faster rate than humanity is prepared to comprehend or manage. Earth 48," which was formerly known as the British Empire during the Georgian Regency, is ripe for harvest. As the space drama continues, threats from the outside and an oppressive Empire increase the tension. This book is likely to appeal to fans of Issac Asimov, 2001, Star Wars, and Star Trek. There is only one Earth to our knowledge, but you can now read all about Earth 48 right now in 2022.

The book provides some science fiction that, while not practical, could theoretically be implemented. For instance, ideas, for example, deciding the pith of impending occasions through probabilistic recreations into the future are hypothetically conceivable however not yet functional. In addition, the creation of artificial gravity through the use of centrifugal force resulted in some fascinating scientific details that were scattered throughout the narrative.

I noticed that the book moved too quickly through the story, which was one flaw. It would be nice to take in the plot and have it work together. In general, I would recommend this book to fans of the science fiction genre. I enjoyed the book and would rate it 4 out of 5 stars.

View Sent to Watch on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”