ARA Review by Luciamsb of In It Together

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luciamsb
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Luciamsb of In It Together

Post by Luciamsb »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, In It Together.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

5 out of 5

Very insightful read.

The book consists of 11 suggestions in which the author gives advice on how to manage our expectations, how to deal with our everyday challenges, our overcommitting, our thinking that we will be happier in the future when this or that happens, our unhealthy ways to love ourselves and others, our need of staying in our comfort zone, our false positivity that can become toxic, our possesiveness, our denial and our judgmental ways.

Then there is the final chapter or last reflection The Choice is Yours in which the author makes a wish for us.

The book is very well written and although some concepts are complex, the book is always easy to follow.

This book makes you think deeper about the way we live our lives.

I appreciated the practical examples the author provides to help the reader understand the concepts he explains in a practical way.

I specially enjoyed when the author invites us to love ourselves, our past selves, our future selves, the real us, without pointing fingers at others. How we need to love ourselves in the here and now. Also how we should accept others the way they are and accept their choices.

I like the perspective the author has on how we can live a more balanced, calm and happy life through acceptance, appreciation, gratitude, admiration and inner peace.

I have rated this book 5 out of 5 stars because it has really made me think about my life, my choices and it has inspired me, among other things, to do less, better, as the author would say. This is a book that needs to be read at different stages of life so we don't forget what we have learned as we always have a tendency to go back to our old ways.

View In It Together on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”