ARA Review by Kathy120 of In It Together

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kathy120
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Kathy120 of In It Together

Post by Kathy120 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, In It Together.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In It Together presents our beautiful unity in this physical, earthly existence. It pushes past the political party divide, identity politics, and religious differences magnified in the narrative most of us experience daily. It isn’t easy to break away from our feelings of separation, anger, anxiety, attachment, etc., but Eckhart Aurelius Hughes guides the readers through a process of exploration of ideas and practical suggestions for how to work toward this goal. The entirety of the book is rooted in love, moving you toward love.

For those familiar with A Course in Miracles or The Way of Mastery, many of the concepts in Hughes’ book will resonate and seem like old friends. I put myself in this category yet had no difficulty gleaning new tips and tools for personal use. For example, I applied a suggestion inspired by my reading of Hughes to help with self-discipline. When I was about to eat a candy bar out of habit, not hunger, I suddenly put it back. Since I wanted to lose a few pounds, I thought about my future self and chose to do something kind for that self. It worked, and I’m now utilizing this strategy based on something that inspired me from reading In It Together.

Even one “ah-ha” moment makes a book valuable, in my opinion, and In It Together has many practical insights. I’ll continue to utilize the readings to expand my takes on the more significant issues of understanding that we’re all united beyond what meets the eye (and the ramifications behind this.)

The material is not light reading but is worth the time to study. Hughes provides key points in small chunks, making the book easy to pick up and use as a reference for a specific subcategory. It’s a message that lends itself to internalizing over time. It is well-written, philosophical, and engaging. For these reasons, I am giving the book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

As a bonus, the author, Eckhart Aurelius Hughes, expresses genuine caring and love for his readers throughout the chapters. Who could ask for more than that?

View In It Together on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”