ARA Review by Kirsten Schuder of Winning the War on Cancer

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kirsten Schuder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Winning the War on Cancer
Bookshelf Size: 3

ARA Review by Kirsten Schuder of Winning the War on Cancer

Post by Kirsten Schuder »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Winning the War on Cancer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Winning the War on Cancer[\i], Sylvie Jablonski's life's journey is altered when her father and mother are arrested in France, their lab where they created lifesaving herbal extracts ransacked illegally by the French government, and her father dies from cancer, one of the very illnesses he used to treat successfully but was denied when the French government destroys all the life-saving substances from his lab. Sound like fiction set in a dystopian future?

Well, it's not. Instead, this is the incredible true life story of Sylvie's experiences with carrying on the work of her genius father, Dr. Jablonski, a pioneer in the application of natural substances for effectively treating serious diseases.

Although Sylvie Jablonski is not a scientist herself, her story of her involvement in her father's cause is no less fascinating. I felt like I was holding on for a wild ride as she explained her journey, transforming from an unsure and sometimes unwilling participant in her father's work to champion for the health of humanity.

There are parts I would have liked to know more about, such as whether or not she wound up building that school for the village, but overall, I found myself cheering for her as she rode the crazy rollercoaster ride to bring life again to her father's dismantled lab, sourcing ingredients to recreate the substances that would have saved her father's life (but the French government destroyed so he could not even save his own life), and procured the funding, wondering all the while if she could possibly pull it all off.

All I can say is wow! If there is ever a book that will change your life, this is the one. Also, I did not find any editing errors and the book was well-written. For these reasons, I give this book an enthusiastic five out of five stars.

View Winning the War on Cancer on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”