ARA Review by Maria_kim of The Biblical Clock

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maria_Naskidashvili
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 3

ARA Review by Maria_kim of The Biblical Clock

Post by Maria_Naskidashvili »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The Biblical Clock.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

If you like to wonder through never-ending scientific facts and are also interested in theology, this book will be a quick and wonderful thing to please your needs.

I personally am not familiar with the majority of topics I peruse, as I read quite excessively, obviously... but I would consider myself as a well educated person about the subject of theology because I've been deeply invested in the studies of different religions and beliefs from a very young age. I grew up as a orthodox christian and graduated from the orthodox school, where analyzing the holy bible was mandatory and even though as of today, I would identify myself as an agnostic, what I learnt has stuck with me forever.

Science is another subject I am extremely curious about, so ever since my childhood I wandered, could there be any similarities between these two, really different beliefs and aspects of life? It's not a surprise that many scientists and theologists dislike each other and "have a beef" about whether god did or did not create the universe, or if that kind of higher power even exists... and still, there are many scientists who are religious and many priests who believe in science, too...

I subjectively found this book very well written and enjoyed looking through it as the authors are quite straightforward and go directly to the point. But in some parts of the storytelling I felt that the arguments from both sides where not either well executed or - strong enough to prove the authors' point. I also think that some examples were not really aiding the arguments and they are there just to keep the discussion moving... That's why I'm rating this book 3.5 stars out of 5.

In conclusion, I would recommend "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe", if you are looking for something quick and interesting to read or you're just curious about these topics and are just starting out. I would also recommend this book to people who like to argue about science and religion with their family, friends or relatives as it gives you some good (and mild) arguments which everyone can use in the discussion about so said "polar opposite" subjects and last but not least - I hope, you will enjoy the beautifully written story by Dania Sheldon and Daniel E. Friedmann.

View The Biblical Clock on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”