ARA Review by Lollypop Lol of In It Together

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lollypop Lol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

ARA Review by Lollypop Lol of In It Together

Post by Lollypop Lol »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, In It Together.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book is an enlightening take on the inner self and how to view it and others. Eckhart Aurelius Hughes speaks of the difference between the ego, the human body, and the inner 'spirit'. His fascinating viewpoint takes what we 'know' about the world and turns it on its head; taking it to the very core of what it means to coexist lovingly.

I very much enjoyed In it Together, The Beautiful Struggle Uniting us All. It shares my views on the world in general, and it provides some very good tips on how to achieve a peaceful mindset. It has an exceptionally in-depth look at 'self'. The delicate touch but hearty meaning inspires a truthful look within and gently guides you to find your truth.

I loved this book because it shows a much more simple life that can be had, just by letting go. The way the author speaks about our existence makes the reader feel uncomfortable, hopefully enough to leave their comfort zone. That is what life is about; pushing the limits, finding out more about yourself, and accepting your truth. This is the meaning of life.

To be free from hate, greed, jealousy, and lust; you must separate your human ego from your spirit or your true self. And to do that requires you to take a deeper look at your intentions. It means changing your way of thinking to accommodate that separation. Once you can do that, you are well on the way to true contentment.

In it Together, The Beautiful Struggle Uniting us All also speaks on relationships; how authentic love is different than pseudo-love, and what separates the two. It talks about codependent relationships as well as other voluntarily toxic relationships.

Another good point this book makes is that 'moralizing is another form of unnecessary worrying, dishonest pseudo-trying, and needless futile fighting of 'reality'. Trying to change the way the world works is just wasted time and energy. It's just resentment masquerading as righteous indignation.

I do not have a single negative comment about this book. Eckhart touched on some very important subjects without stepping on any toes or ruffling any feathers. I wholly appreciate his finesse with words. I think this book would appeal to those looking for a little more meaning, love, and happiness for themselves. If you do not enjoy looking critically at yourself or want to better yourself at all please do not waste your time on this book; it would be lost on you. For those that enjoy re-examining yourselves, your motives, and your happiness, this book is for you. [5 out of 5]

View In It Together on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”