ARA Review by Walid Djeziri of In It Together

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Walid Djeziri
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Walid Djeziri of In It Together

Post by Walid Djeziri »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, In It Together.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Apparently, the author himself has enough life experience to share with his readers.

Here, too, is the most important thing he has learned from life. Whether he has learned and is still learning and whether it makes him feel better, whether he is a better person or not, that is really important. Important to him, yes, but they should certainly be valuable to us humans.
Human nature itself must evolve and progress, both physiologically and intellectually.

The whole book reads like an inner dialogue, even a confrontation with oneself, others, concepts, ideas etc.
Being self-aware, being realistic and being true to yourself is definitely a really powerful message.

Understanding the relativity of the whole world or universe and human beings as part of it can also be liberating.
Also, love and compassion or empathy are incredible motivators, no matter how much we underestimate them.

praise for the development of philosophical works and famous authors in this regard.

I particularly liked the clear explanation of "meaning". It is not the words themselves that count, but their meaning. Words are just a means of communication.
So the metaphors, including the animals, were very graphic and entertaining.
No wonder, for example, that one often does not remember the exact wording of a proverb, but perfectly remembers its meaning.

In fact, as the author rightly points out, at a more fundamental level we are not all that different. Something supported by ancient philosophers. Of course, this in no way negates our uniqueness.
Modern technology only confirms this to a certain extent, especially given the phenomenon of social media. Boundless communication - positive or negative, of course depending on our individual "meaning" and perception.

Another thing, Mr. Hughes is probably urging us to try and understand other people's points of view. This isn't about split personalities, if I may use the term jokingly. No, we need to be aware that we are all connected, for better or for worse. Principle/law of cause and effect or causality.

Finally, understanding the delicate balance between destiny and personal choice is something that people should learn and recognize throughout their lives in order to achieve harmony and gratitude. Otherwise, we see so much disappointment, anger, dissatisfaction, etc.

All in all, a clear and thought-provoking read, even thought-provoking, but also thought-provoking and at times thought-provoking.

In summary, this book is very comprehensive, it talks about women's rights and equality among other things.

Recommended for those who think AND feel.

For all of the above reasons and the impeccable editing, I'm compelled to give this book 5 stars out of 5, less would be unreasonable.

If I had to think of something I didn't like about this book, I could do it, but it would be very subjective: everyone has their own style and way of expressing themselves.
"Live and let live".

View In It Together on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”