ARA Review by Daine Walker 1 of Kindred Journeys

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daine Walker 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

ARA Review by Daine Walker 1 of Kindred Journeys

Post by Daine Walker 1 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Kindred Journeys.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson is a memoir that takes readers on a journey through the author's life, from her childhood in Jamaica to her experiences as a young woman in Canada. Throughout the book, Tapley-Olson shares her personal struggles, including the challenges of navigating cultural differences and the difficulties of raising a family while pursuing a career.

The memoir is a well-written and engaging account of a life that is both unique and relatable. Tapley-Olson's storytelling is compelling, and readers will find themselves rooting for her as she faces various obstacles and triumphs.

One of the strengths of Kindred Journeys is Tapley-Olson's ability to capture the nuances of cultural differences and the challenges of assimilation. Her experiences as a Jamaican woman in Canada offer a fresh perspective on what it means to be an immigrant in a new country.

Another strength of the book is the author's honesty and vulnerability. She doesn't shy away from sharing the difficult moments in her life, and her willingness to be open and transparent is admirable.

Overall, I would rate Kindred Journeys 4 out of 5 stars. The book is well-written and engaging, and Tapley-Olson's storytelling is top-notch. However, there were a few moments where the pacing felt slow, and I found myself wishing for more detail in certain parts of the story.

That being said, I highly recommend Kindred Journeys to anyone who enjoys memoirs or is interested in learning more about the immigrant experience. It's a captivating and inspiring read that will leave you with a deeper appreciation for the power of resilience and determination.

View Kindred Journeys on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”