ARA Review by Andromeda Flynn of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andromeda Flynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 3

ARA Review by Andromeda Flynn of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

Post by Andromeda Flynn »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe is a wonderfully uplifting story of Mary Grace and her brother, Donny, who was born with special needs. While a sibling could be jealous of the carefulness the world around Donny to ensure he remains his positive self and the attention that takes, Mary Grace desires the same for her little brother and acts as a loving protector towards him.

Mary Grace and Donny's happy world comes crashing to a momentary halt when their parents make the decision to be missionaries for 2 years and decide for the children to stay with their grandparents in California. Will life ever be as happy as it once was? Could California feel like home? Will Mary Grace grow bitter as she finds leaving home, friends, and parents, to be a nightmare; or will her huge heart shine through and make the most of her situation? Read and find out what unconditional sibling love is like and how to overcome the obstacles one may face when life suddenly changes.

Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe is an inspiring story that will spark adoration as obstacles take place and are handled with grace, acceptance, and carefulness.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars although it is not something I would typically read, as to be honest it's a bit too positive for me. It is a wonderful story in an ideal world where a bully may just need a little more love and attention to be a better, more accepting person, even of the things or people they initially disregarded. It is an uplifting story of acceptance.

This book seems profesionally edited, as I did not notice any grammatical mistakes or misspellings. It was well organized and fit together nicely even in moments that involved multiple layers.

View Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”