ARA Review by Andromeda Flynn of Tolba

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Andromeda Flynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 3

ARA Review by Andromeda Flynn of Tolba

Post by Andromeda Flynn »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Tolba.]
Book Cover
2 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tolba: The Abenaki Legend of Gluskabe and the Turtle by Kamon is a children's book about making sure to think a plan all the way through before carrying it out. Think before you act.

Tolba: The Abenaki Legend of Gluskabe and the Turtle by Kamon teaches 5 words of Abenaki language and makes learning them easy as a picture is displayed beside the word when the word is mentioned.

Tolba: The Abenaki Legend of Gluskabe and the Turtle by Kamon is about a Turtle that wants other creative to stop focusing on his slowness so he invites many birds to dinner to steal feathers to appear more regal, as he had more thsn enough food to share but did not want to give it freely. When the birds discover this, they are angry and Turtle must hide. Will they find him? Will Turtle survive?

I rate this book 2 out of 5 stars as the message to think before you act and why you cannot take something unwillingly away from another are both bad ideas that can lead to trouble. There is mention of killing on multiple occasions which seemed inappropriate to me for a children's book.

The audience for this book is missed as I would not recommend it to children.

View Tolba on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”