ARA Review by alexstratton of This Side of the Darkness

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
alexstratton
Currently Reading: Starfall
Bookshelf Size: 3

ARA Review by alexstratton of This Side of the Darkness

Post by alexstratton »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, This Side of the Darkness.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I enjoyed this book, it’s not the typical genre I am normally attracted to but if I am rating it I would give the book a 4 out of 5 rating. It pulls you into a profound exploration of the human psyche, masterfully unraveling the omnipresent aspect of fear and its pivotal role in our lives. The novel overflowed with symbolism and metaphors, and the story doesn't shy away from the grim aspects of life, rather it exposes them, revealing their profound effects on our being. The thought-provoking philosophical layers woven into the narrative should compel readers to introspectively examine their individual fears and the societal narratives that often shape them.

The story is a potent blend of survival, connection, and the life-altering power of love. It focuses on the unlikely but powerful bond between the protagonist and a stray feline named Staind, painting a vivid picture of the resilience and healing power that can spring from such companionship. The tale stands as a testament to the indomitable human spirit, offering a glimmer of hope even in the face of overwhelming adversity.

The plot, brimming with metaphors and symbolism, dives fearlessly into the darker corners of life, etching their shadows on all facets of our existence. The philosophical undertones throughout the book urge readers to revisit their personal fears and the societal paradigms that often frame them.

The book also beautifully captures the journey of the protagonist from a place of fear to one of inner peace and self-love. The struggle to accept herself, despite the cruel societal norms and the inner demons that sought to tear her apart, presents a stirring tale of self-discovery. The narrative powerfully conveys that even in the harshest circumstances, one can find strength within themselves, urging readers to reflect on their self-perception.

The book is more than just a story; it's a journey that navigates the labyrinth of fear and loneliness, ultimately finding solace in companionship and self-love. Its profound exploration of life's dark corners, resilience in the face of adversities, and transformative power of love makes it a must-read. It serves as a gentle reminder that amidst the bleakness and despair, there's always a light of hope, if one chooses to seek it.

View This Side of the Darkness on Bookshelves
Andromeda Flynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Andromeda Flynn »

Thank you for reading and for your understanding and empathy despite my novel not being something you would usually read. I appreciate your time and seeing this book's purpose, searching for the light.

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”