ARA Review by Adrianab Carvalho of The High Queem

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adrianab Carvalho
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Adrianab Carvalho of The High Queem

Post by Adrianab Carvalho »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, The High Queem.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In a land governed by queens, there's a princess, our main character Anna Sophia, who is one of the high queens' daughters. Our story starts gaining pace when Sophie's sister is murdered, when she's only six, and she has to leave her family to make sure her safety is insured.

One thing that I found very interesting in this book is the rule that must be followed in the land, and that is that, magic can never be used to do bad, but always to help, the outcome must always have more benefits towards the good.

She must hide for fourteen years from prince Mortrano and those who wish nothing but bad things for her, from those who want her to never become the queen her legacy compels her to be. So from now on she has to hide everything that makes her who she is with magix.

The question that rises as the books goes on is if she will be able to be strong enough to survive.

I think that the book is a strong 3 out of 5 because I felt like it was a little bit dragged in the middle and at first I felt like it was kinda difficult to enter the world of the book. And even though it's a very small story I really had to force myself to be able to focus on the story and not disperse sometimes. I think that if it would have been a little bit longer, with more world bulding, explanations and character development it would have been much better, maybe even a 4.

I also think that I didn't connect to the book because I couldn't really find anything that I had in common with the main character, there was really nothing I could relate to even though I did like her story and the way she tried to handle the things that were going on.

Overall I recommend this book to teens fantasy lovers who want to read something fast and not very hard to understand.

View The High Queem on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”