ARA Review by nightsend of This Side of the Darkness

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nightsend
Favorite Book: This Side of the Darkness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by nightsend of This Side of the Darkness

Post by nightsend »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, This Side of the Darkness.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Embark on a transformative expedition into the psyche of a young protagonist who has been immersed in the shadows of American society. This often-neglected and seldom-discussed aspect of life unveils a compelling narrative that will captivate your heart. Brace yourself to develop a profound connection with a new kind of heroine as she confronts her own inner demons, some of which are embodied by fellow humans, while others are of a more otherworldly nature. But is there truly a distinction between the two? Prepare to be enthralled by a controversial and enlightening coming-of-age memoir, marking the debut novel of Andromeda Storm.

In this remarkable literary work, Andromeda Storm delves deep into the complexities of a young mind shaped by the darker realities of American existence. As readers, we are granted an intimate glimpse into the protagonist's tumultuous journey, a journey that defies societal norms and exposes the hidden truths lurking beneath the surface. Through the protagonist's eyes, we bear witness to the harsh realities and injustices that pervade her world, shedding light on an often-overlooked aspect of American life.

But amidst the despair and struggle, a flicker of hope emerges as the young heroine embarks on a path of self-discovery. With unwavering courage, she confronts the monsters that haunt her existence, be they human in nature or from a realm beyond our own. As the lines between reality and the supernatural blur, the narrative becomes a thought-provoking exploration of the human condition, forcing us to question the very essence of what it means to be human.

As the protagonist, Storm courageously confronts her haunting memories and confronts the demons of her past, all while desperately seeking solace in the fleeting moments of happiness. Through her transformation from her past innocent self to her present world-wary, resilient self, she navigates the complexities of her tumultuous upbringing and the harsh realities of her dysfunctional family dynamics, including the heart-wrenching abuse she endured.

This gripping narrative offers a vivid portrayal of a life filled with unimaginable hardships, reminding us to appreciate the comforts and blessings we often take for granted. Storm's unflinching account takes us through various stages of her life, exposing the gross injustices and deprivations she faced. Every detail paints a vivid picture of her struggles.

The author's writing style is as diverse as the phases of Storm's life, reflecting the various emotions and experiences she undergoes. From the uncertainty and instability she grapples with to the determination and resilience that guide her path, her journey is one of relentless pursuit of balance and healing. Storm's heartfelt and genuine expression makes this memoir feel like a personal journal, recounting pivotal moments that profoundly impacted her. Readers will find themselves sympathizing with these select occasions, which showcase her courage and strength.

Andromeda Storm's debut novel 'This Side of the Darkness' is a masterful blend of raw emotion, social commentary, and fantastical elements, weaving together a tapestry that is both unsettling and mesmerizing. It serves as a powerful reminder that our collective journey through life is a complex tapestry of light and darkness, and that within the depths of our own personal struggles, we can find the strength to overcome and emerge as heroes of our own stories. Due to the compelling reasons presented, I have determined that the book deserves a perfect rating of 5 out of 5.

View This Side of the Darkness on Bookshelves
Andromeda Flynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Andromeda Flynn »

I am beyond appreciative of your review of This Side of the Darkness. I am deeply considering changing the synopsis on the back cover to much of what you have written in your review. This review is my favorite thus far of all reviews I have received. Thank you so kindly for reading and understanding my purpose and for adding suspense within your review. It made me want to read it even though I wrote it. You are an outstanding wordsmith. I need to check out your book, as it must be remarkable with your use of language. You are an artist with you words. Thank you again.

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”