ARA Review by Tracy Lamb of Demon Spawn

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tracy Lamb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Tracy Lamb of Demon Spawn

Post by Tracy Lamb »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Demon Spawn.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Demon Spawn by Margie McDonnell Welsh 5 out of 5 Stars

It is a beautifully written story about Sahara, a young woman in a society who finds out that Heaven and Hell, Angels and Demons do exist. Every person is made to take a genetic marker test to determine if they might be half Angel or Demon, a Nephilim. Genetically there is no difference between 'good' Nephilim and 'bad' Nephilim.

When Sahara finds out, her world like many others is knocked off its foundation for a second time. Police and the alphabet soup of government agencies breathing down her neck. A new position, because prejudice and bigotry come in all shapes and forms, including a betrayal that hits the hardest. As a social worker, Sahara had already taken care of children no one else wanted, now she's in charge of Nephilim children that some actively want to get rid of.

As if Angels, Demons, Dark Creatures, and teenage angst are enough for anyone to deal with, adding God, Free-will and violent religious zealots into the mix doesn't help at all. Sahara and the ambassadors from Heaven and Hell try to keep her charges safe.

I found the first few chapters a little confusing, but not overly so. More like Sahara was confused and it transferred over into the type set. Then the book becomes clear and fast-paced with a lot of action. The plot throws some surprises at you, some good, some not so good but still good reading!

I would recommend this book to Christians and anyone else with an open mind. I think there are lessons to learn in the book about intolerance of one's fellow man or woman or beings in general! The use of scripture passages is just enough to 'get it' without being so overbearing that a non-religious person would find it intolerable.

That said, this might not be the book for religious-minded people who don't have an open mind about religions used in an 'alternate' universe. Yes, it's set on Earth, mostly, but many things that are happening in the world today, are happening in the book, just with a twist.

I greatly enjoyed both this book and the second in the series, which I read first.

View Demon Spawn on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”