ARA Review by Susy6869 of Lady Silver

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susy6869
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Susy6869 of Lady Silver

Post by Susy6869 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Lady Silver.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Lady Silver by Bobbie R. Byrd is a Science Fiction novel that is very reminiscent of “Star Trek.” This novel could easily be listed under Sci-Fi Paranormal as well due to the warlocks wielding magic element.

The book begins with a religious fanatic, Syndria, buying warlocks on the black market for nefarious purposes, then switches to a warlock being held against her will. Those religious fanatics who serve the One, the God of Rycappa, are draining the captured warlock’s magic. The main male character, Devon Bastion is an admiral on the Maelstrom, a ship that explores the galaxy. His mother, Glyndra, is a commander aboard the ship. The main female character, Bryanna, is a warlock with a silver aura which makes her unique. Admiral Bastion captures her and her android, T’Laan as they exit “the flow,” a place where warlocks get their powers. Together, they learn the drug addled Emperor of their galaxy commanded Admiral Bastion to destroy the planet Myra without council approval. There’s an assassination attempt on the Admiral and he almost dies. Bryanna’s magic saves him. There’s a romantic element to this story but it doesn’t overtake it.

I purchased the Kindle version as well as the Audible version. I have to say I was a little lost when I first started reading this novel as there are a lot of characters thrown at the reader in the first two chapters. It’s also rather technical in some parts – impressively so. I had to go back and reread some parts to fully understand what was going on. Once I got the characters straight, the story took off for me!

This novel is well written with limited typos. The Audible version is narrated by a man but sounded okay. There is a lot going on in this novel, but the author deals with the main plot and sub plot very well, weaving them together. I am giving this novel a 5 out of 5 Star Rating. I am interested in reading the sequel!

View Lady Silver on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”