ARA Review by Susy6869 of Blood Moon's Fury

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susy6869
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by Susy6869 of Blood Moon's Fury

Post by Susy6869 »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Blood Moon's Fury.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Blood Moon’s Fury by Leah Kingsley is listed as a paranormal thriller in the YA genre that deals with angels, demons, mages, and the hybrid super demon labeled as darks. This thriller follows three main characters, Amy, Zack, and Charles through a harrowing life or death situation.

Amy and Zack are human and unaware of the supernatural’s walking among them. Charles is a mage and considers himself a weak one. He’s aware of the danger walking the halls of their high school but can’t seem to fly under their radar. The darks at his school pick on him continuously. It’s on an occasion such as this when Amy and Charles’s paths cross. Amy saves Charles from a beating. This puts Amy on the nefarious darks radar. They consider her interference punishable, and they start leaving Amy threatening notes.

Amy’s little sister, Susan, is Zack’s brother, Chris’s, best friend. When Zacks parents leave the country, Zack picks his brother up from school at the same time Amy picks up her sister. They don’t like each other at first. Amy harbors a bit of prejudice against those who are rich. By the end of the story, they reach an understanding and a romance between them is hinted at.

I thought this book sounded like an edge-of-your-seat thrill ride when I read the synopsis. However, the book has a very slow start. The first 18 chapters could’ve been condensed to two or three. The action doesn’t begin until after chapter 18 or 19.

The supernatural element could’ve been developed more, as well as the world building. The supernatural’s abilities, where they came from, why the blood moon demands a sacrifice wasn’t really explained. The characters fell flat for me, and it was hard for me to care about their troubles. Out of all the characters introduced in the novel, the one who captured my attention was Peter, who was a “bad guy.” Peter’s character was fleshed out more than the rest and I was rooting for him when his conscience kicked in and he started helping Amy and her sister, whom the darks have kidnapped.

For the reasons listed above, I am giving this novel a 3 out of 5 stars. This author has great potential, and I will definitely follow her to see what else she comes up with.

View Blood Moon's Fury on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”