ARA Review by OTia Prioleau of In It Together

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OTia Prioleau
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0

ARA Review by OTia Prioleau of In It Together

Post by OTia Prioleau »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, In It Together.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book was a great read. I want to rate it a 4 out of 5 only because of the repetition. It was a form of opinionated facts rolled up into dialogue. It was interesting to see how one thing led to another. This novel talked about human beings and how we as a people are so stuck in our ways while influence plays a part. “We treat ourselves badly. We are cruel to ourselves. We habitually behave unsympathetically and unlovingly to the very human we see in the mirror.” In this, I believe the author is saying how we are willing to treat ourselves any type of way but criticize others for doing the same.

The example of starving children kept coming up and that gave us something to reflect back to when it comes to society. Calling Dr. Martin Luther King and Jesus a criminal was very surprising to me but with that, the point of breaking laws in what comes to mind. He talked about the fact that, “the most dangerous and controversial topics on which to speak- or act- is love and peace,” which is very evident when it comes to these two influencers. Putting people behind bars is also a contradiction; we are supposed to love each other as humans but we do a lot of inhumane things.

“I think, therefore I am, “ was a quote that brought up the topic of humans not existing. Maybe we are just like Santa or a Unicorn; he said that we could be “a non-human alien dreaming right now,” I thought that was pretty funny.

This book brought up a lot of things that I never really stopped to think about and with those things, the author said that this is just factual information that is just being addressed and opinion has no place in this word; I believe him.

It was a great read, I definitely recommend it.

View In It Together on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”