ARA Review by Luiza Mnatsakanian of Revenge Is Better Than Murder

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luiza Mnatsakanian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

ARA Review by Luiza Mnatsakanian of Revenge Is Better Than Murder

Post by Luiza Mnatsakanian »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Revenge Is Better Than Murder.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

If you want excitement, this book is the way to go. Keith Pulver's "Revenge Is Better Than Murder" truly takes readers on a rollercoaster ride of suspense with unexpected twists all over the book. It captures your attention from the very first page and hooks you to it. The story is centered around characters whose lives become intertwined in a web of betrayal and deceit. In the heart of it all, is the enigmatic protagonist. The protagonist has a quest for revenge that sets off a chain reaction to unexpected events. This book will keep you on the edge of your seat to the very end.

The author's style of writing is extremely engaging, giving you descriptions so vivid that they bring the story's settings to life. You can tell that he has a knack for immersing readers in the world that he has created with this book. Whether he describes the streets of a city or a cabin in the woods, he reels you into this world he has created with his vivid descriptions in this book.

One thing that I genuinely liked about this book was the character development. Character development is important in any book, and "Revenge Is Better Than Murder" definitely gave that. Every character is crafted with their flaws, motivations, and secrets. This makes them feel like real people rather than caricatures, or fictional characters. As the story progresses, each character's layers are peeled, revealing depths of their complexity. This added an extra layer of depth to the narrative

Another thing that I noticed about this book is the pacing. Throughout the entire book, there is always this high tension. Every chapter ends with a cliffhanger, leaving you eager to turn to the next page to see what happens. I also find that in a lot of books, there are always scenes that don't ever end up being essential to the overall story. In this book, every moment feels essential. That is what kept me hooked to it from start to finish. There are plot twists and unexpected turns everywhere as if it is a rollercoaster. Just as you think that everything is all figured out, something comes crawling out from under the rug.

However, most books always have their flaws. Although the book is intriguing and unexpected, certain plot points felt somewhat predictable to me. As if I knew what the next sentence was going to be. This did not happen a lot overall, but I did find myself, maybe twice, knowing what was going to happen in the next chapter. The ending also seemed to be somewhat rushed, as if the author maybe ran out of ideas and had to find a way to rapidly end the book. However, while the book does last, it is extremely intriguing and exciting, and will likely get most readers hooked to it.

Overall, "Revenge is Better than Murder" is a gripping thriller that will keep you excited, with suspense being held throughout the entire book. With its fast-paced plot, well-developed characters, and twists, it's a must-read for fans of the genre. Keith Pulver has crafted a truly captivating story that left me waiting for another one of his books in this genre. I would give this book a 4 out of 5. I deducted the one point just because I felt that the ending of the book was really rushed. If this was not the case, it would be given a perfect score from me.

View Revenge Is Better Than Murder on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”