ARA Review by Luigi Pascal Rondanini of Jesus Farted

The ARA Review Exchange is a system in which authors review other authors' books, generlaly in exchange for getting their own book reviews by other authors. However, the person who reviews a author's book is not the same person whose book that author reviewed. This way, author reviews do not influence each other, such as by an author being inclined to reward a good review by deliving one in return or deliver a negative review as revenge.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Luigi Pascal Rondanini
In It Together VIP
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

ARA Review by Luigi Pascal Rondanini of Jesus Farted

Post by Luigi Pascal Rondanini »

[Following is an OnlineBookClub.org ARA Review of the book, Jesus Farted.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

As a religious person who has been learning about diverse religious traditions all my life, I was drawn right away into Simon Perry's provocatively titled e-book, "Jesus Farted: The Vulgar Truth of the Biblical Christ."

Perry, a chaplain on the University of Cambridge and a self-proclaimed biblical progressive, sets out to undertaking the sanitised portrayal of Jesus that has end up usual in modern times.

In this concept-upsetting and regularly humorous painting, Perry argues that to truly appreciate Jesus and his message, we should acknowledge his humanity in all its gritty, earthy fact. By stripping away the pristine veneer that has been applied to Jesus over the centuries, Perry shows a being who lived, breathed, and sure, even farted, similar to the rest of us.

Through a combination of biblical scholarship, historic context, and irreverent wit, Perry takes the readers on a adventure via the life and instances of Jesus, highlighting the unglamorous components of his existence that have been largely ignored or glossed over. From the squalid situations of historic Palestine to the tough realities of bodily features, Perry paints a vibrant photo of a Jesus who turned into absolutely human and deeply related to the marginalised and downtrodden of his day.

I observed Perry's work to be both illuminating and exciting, with equal measures of surprise and laughter. His precise angle challenged my perceptions of Christianity and provided a refreshing, modern-day take at the existence and teachings of Jesus. The e-book felt well grounded in ancient context, presenting a formidable new approach to a topic infrequently handled with immoderate reverence.

While some readers might be indignated by the way the book's frank discussion of taboo subjects and use of vulgar language, I accept as an acceptable way as Perry's method ultimately serves to restore facts to the scriptures without detracting from the underlying narrative. "Jesus Farted" invites us to reconsider our understanding of Jesus and his message, deepening our appreciation for his humanity.

Whether you are a devout believer, a curious sceptic, or somewhere in between, "Jesus Farted" guarantees to challenge your assumptions, spark significant conversations, and provide an extraordinarily unique and notion-scary study.

I give "Jesus Farted: The Vulgar Truth of the Biblical Christ" a well-deserved 5 out of 5 stars for its ambitious, insightful, and refreshingly human portrayal of Jesus.

View Jesus Farted on Bookshelves

Return to “ARA Reviews (Authors Reviewing Authors)”