Overall rating and opinion of "drift" by Charlie Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: A Captive in Algiers
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "drift" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

I really enjoyed this book. I loved how the author told the story from many different characters’ points of view. I think that approach made it even more interesting. There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about the book, although the part where Larry has his accident made me squirm. I will definitely recommend this book to others.
Sweetp120
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetp120.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Sweetp120 »

I have yet to read this book but id also like to read the other book first.
Dawud Adaviruku
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawud-adaviruku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dawud Adaviruku »

This is an intriguing book. The first few chapters I peruse was a page turner. I love how the author crafted the characters of the story. I won't mind rating it 4 stars out of 4 stars.
ElizaBeth Adams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-adams.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Door by Haley Quinn

Post by ElizaBeth Adams »

I was really impressed by this book. The story caught my attention from the beginning. The rugged experiences of the characters made me want to go out and have my own adventure. I loved how well the characters faced their varying degrees of peril, and how complex the plot was. I hadn't read the first book in this series, and I think my enjoyment of this one would have been deeper if I had. Also, occasionally the dialogue didn't flow smoothly, and transitions from one scene to the next could've been less abrupt. These were small issues though. I really enjoyed this story and will look for the others in the series.
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

Kibetious wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 06:11 I liked the book right from the first page. At the start I never knew what the story would be all about or how the other characters from 'Strong Heart' would be coming. It reached a point where it was easy to follow it through and I kept turning page after page. I had to rate this 4 out of 4 stars.
I enjoyed this book so much that I searched for Strong Heart. I love how both books could stand alone, and yet I love how they both meshed together!! I agree about turning page after page! I rated it 4 out of 4 also. :D :D
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

ElizaBeth Adams wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 10:37 I was really impressed by this book. The story caught my attention from the beginning. The rugged experiences of the characters made me want to go out and have my own adventure. I loved how well the characters faced their varying degrees of peril, and how complex the plot was. I hadn't read the first book in this series, and I think my enjoyment of this one would have been deeper if I had. Also, occasionally the dialogue didn't flow smoothly, and transitions from one scene to the next could've been less abrupt. These were small issues though. I really enjoyed this story and will look for the others in the series.
I was really impressed, too. I enjoyed it as you did, the action, the rugged weather, the characters, it was all great. I had to go find Strong Heart after reading this, I was so impressed with the author! I gave it a 4 out of 4 stars.
Fatima_Palacios
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fatima_Palacios »

Brandy C wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 14:20 I downloaded this book and read sample pages when it was the book of the day. I did not expect to enjoy this book as much as I did! After the first few pages, I knew I would finish this book. The story is very compelling and simply written. The aspect I enjoyed the most was the unfathomable human spirit. When faced with insurmountable odds the human spirit always shines through. The only aspect that gave me pause was some of the vocabularies used for sailing. My overall opinion is a 4 out of 4 stars . The story was action-filled, relatable and suspenseful. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a great read.
originally I only read the sample pages as well but after reading this I'm definitely reading the whole book and hoping to enjoy it as much as you did
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)
juliusotieno02
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading: Aftermath
Bookshelf Size: 229
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotieno02.html
Latest Review: Read My Mind by Stephen McLeod

Post by juliusotieno02 »

The spirit of togetherness as depicted in this piece of literary work is something worth mentioning. The author also shows his abilities by providing an excellent plot and general flow of the story. I didn't like the character development though;somehow it didn't meet my expectations. I'll give it 3 out of 4 stars
Bury your dictionaries

The words you need
are in your heart
and the eyes
of the people
you love.
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

The descriptions about the ocean and the rugged landscapes were impressive and helped me to immerse myself into the story-line. I have always been impressed with the bravery of sailors and this book really brings that out. I would recommend this book to anyone that would enjoy a gripping tale on the high seas!
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 883
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

My overall opinion of the book is that it isn't something that I can enjoy reading. I tried to read the story but I found it boring. I probably won't recommend this book since I didn't enjoy reading it.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I haven't read this book yet, but it sounds like it is well written and highly enjoyable. I am interested in reading it so I can give my own opinion on the characters and plot.
Mac :techie-reference:
TreCrusan00
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by TreCrusan00 »

This book is one of a kind, I really enjoyed the book it was poignant and yet interesting to the mind of book reader. I felt as though I was there with William the most. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone.
The book gave me a sense of realization and satisfaction all at once
Maelo1
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maelo1.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by Maelo1 »

I actually reviewed Adrift and rated it three out four.What I did like about it was the the quest for survival not only for the sailors out at sea but also Larry and Loise out to salvage the Seattle Express burning out at sea .This did set a good pace for the whole book and the reaffirmation that those who endure to the end are those who suvive.Actually for this sequel of the book Strong heart I did not find anthing that I did not like.I will therefore encourage anyone out for a fast-paced action-packed thriller.
Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest.
:roll: Rob White :roll:
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

I totally enjoyed this book. The storyline held my attention and kept me turning page after page! The adventures and the characters were exciting and left me rooting for their safety! I enjoyed all of the book. I guess the thing I disliked most was Louise stealing the ship! This is definitely a 4 out of 4 stars in my opinion!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
srividyag1
Currently Reading: The laws of human nature
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srividyag1.html
Latest Review: The Hungry Heart by Brenda Gayle
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by srividyag1 »

From all the comments and the review, I understand that this book is a fast-paced adventure set at both sea and land. I also think it can be read as a standalone book, even though it is part of a series. I would like to give it a try.
- Srividya Giri
Smile more, it's infectious.

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”