Overall rating and opinion of "drift" by Charlie Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "drift" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I really liked this book because the author did an amazing job of describing sea, an old tug boat, white capped landscapes, etc. I felt like I was there. I did not like some of the shipping terminology that was hard for me to understand. I ranked the book 4 out of 4.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Daisy Cheruto
Currently Reading: Amora
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Daisy Cheruto »

I really like this book, I couldn't stop flipping pages, I like Myra's faith that his father might be found alive. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would definitely recommend the book to others
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

I'd give this book a 4 out of 4 rating as I couldn't find fault with it. I liked the overlaying message of the story, as well as the peek into each character's life. There were some heartbreaking moments, but these were balanced out by the touching, uplifting ones. I would recommend this book to people interested in family dynamics and cultural belief, aided by the tension caused by the characters on their sea voyage.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

I gave it a 4-star rating. I am picky about 4 stars, but this book is so well written. I love the descriptive writing. It gets cold out in the Pacific Northwest, so bring an extra blanket when you curl up on the couch for this read.
~ Valerie
CozyBookCorner
Currently Reading: Seven Fallen Feathers
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cozybookcorner.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by CozyBookCorner »

I really liked it, but not as much as the first book of the series: Strong Heart. I found this one a lot slower, perhaps because I know very little about ships. It wasn't until the last quarter of the book that I felt truly excited. So for me its a strong 3 out of 4. I still would like to read the next one though!
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I give the book 3 out of 4 stars. I liked the 2nd half of the story where the community comes together for Louise, William, and others. The feeling one oneness and trying to help each other moved me.
The thing I did not like about the book was the use of too much technical terms. For someone who has zero nautical knowledge, I struggled to understand most of what was happening in the first half of the story.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

This is such a good book. I haven't read the first book of this series, but I had no problem catching up with the story. The story was excellently written, but I didn't like the characters much. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I absolutely adored reading Adrift by Charlie Sheldon. The scenes were described so well, it felt like I was watching a movie in my head. The writing style was superb. Although I felt like unnecessary things were added in the book. But overall, it was an enjoyable read. I give the rating 3 out of 4 stars.
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

The story was good. But, there was too much unwanted information that took me away from the plot often. If that information had been reduced and replaced with fast-paced dialogues, this book would be a hit. I didn't really like the flow of this book.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I gave this book a 4 out of 4. It was a fantastic book, I loved how everybody stood by Louise in her time of heartbreak and need. What I did not enjoy were the negative feelings Louise had after she found out that she was indeed wrong about Larry, and it was too late to make amends. This book was worth the time to read.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I really enjoyed reading "Adrift" by Charly Sheldon. I saw great descriptive ability; almost got me watching the scenes as I read. I also enjoyed the Cooperation displayed.
It's a 4 out of 4 for me.

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”