Re: Myra and Sergei

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
YL_Eytka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yl-eytka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Re: Myra and Sergei

Post by YL_Eytka »

I have not had the pleasure of reading Strong Heart, but even from just reading Adrift, I thought Myra and Sergei had alot of chemistry and would have loved a follow up on their relationship
Azrevread
Currently Reading: Orcas Forever
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azrevread.html
Latest Review: Ten Directions by Samuel Winburn

Post by Azrevread »

Myra and Sergei appear to have a good friendship and worked well together when searching for her father,
William. If there is a sequel novel to Adrift, it should include the characters of Myra and Sergei because they
are both likable characters.
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rachel Lea »

I want to know if anything will happen between Myra and Pete. Pete admits to himself that he has a bit of a crush on her... I'm curious to see if the author plans to do anything with that or not.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

I totally agree with you! I want to know more about them. I actually read Adrift first. So, when I started reading Strong Heart I thought I would learn more about their relationship. I technically did, but there still wasn't much to it. I was really disappointed.
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

Rachel Lea wrote: 24 May 2019, 17:01 I want to know if anything will happen between Myra and Pete. Pete admits to himself that he has a bit of a crush on her... I'm curious to see if the author plans to do anything with that or not.
Yes that would be so interesting! Maybe a love triangle type thing between Myra, Pete, and Sergei?
Jeconiaomolo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 65">Heaven and Earth</a>
Currently Reading: Heads Will Roll
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeconiaomolo.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Jeconiaomolo »

Charlyt wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 04:58 Perhaps the beginning of their story was being laid down in the first two books to be explored further in future books. I, too, want to know more about where their relationship with each other will go.
Exactly, this is what I also thought the author's plan was. It seems their story will be will appear in future book by the author.
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall gain easily what others have laboured hard for"-
Socrates
a-b-c-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-b-c.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by a-b-c- »

I think it was wishful think on the others and were just friends.
siusantos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siusantos.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B01FJT7N4W

Post by siusantos »

What's going on with these two anyway? Do they like each other or not? It seemed they do, otherwise why would Sergei rushed to Myra's side as soon as he heard the news?
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

The fact that there was major distance and they appeared in a limited number of scenes together made their entire thing come across as more abstract than anything. I think Sheldon wanted to keep most of the focus on what was happening with the people on or related to the ship, and Myra and Sergei, at least in this book, were mostly peripheral characters. Maybe there will be more depth to their relationship in another book.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I really thought that this sequel would anwer some unanswered questions from "Strong Heart", including Myra's and Sergei's relationship. Unfortunately, many issues are not addressed in this installment (which makes it a great standalone story, though).
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I haven't read Strong Heart and I only saw Sergei for a brief moment in the book towards the end so it doesn't make much of a difference to me whether they ended up together or not. Pete and Mariana on the other hand would have made a cute couple.

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”